Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tame vermin?  (Read 1569 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tame vermin?
« on: November 06, 2007, 12:22:00 am »

Can anything be done with tame vermin? They're not butcherable. My first elven caravan in my current fort showed up with four cages. Two contained tame mountain goats of opposite gender, which I am happy with. The other two contained a roach and a turtle.

I'd like to set the roach loose and see if it gets in any killing blows on the various critters running around   :D

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Tame vermin?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 01:57:00 am »

if you set them as available in the animals screen, sometimes a dwarf will adopt them. Unfortunately, it's very rare for a dwarf to like a roach.

That's about all that can be done with tame vermin. some vermen can be milked or have extracts taken from them, but not once they are tamed.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 05:25:00 pm »

You can also use them to set up zoos.  Kids love zoos, so I like to have one or two really nice zoos as far as possible from the entrance and the horrible child snatchers.  The goblins sometimes manage to sneak all the way to the zoo, but as soon as a goblin grabs a kid he becomes visible, and there is no way he's making it all the way back out without getting pwned.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 07:48:00 pm »

No good. I traded them to the foolish humans.