Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slight bug with Mining  (Read 1098 times)

CogDissident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Slight bug with Mining
« on: August 13, 2006, 12:01:00 pm »

A miner with "legendary" skill is actually faster at mining ore and gems than he is at mining out normal rock. It looks like this is because rock has several visual stages to go through before it can be deleted. Maybe make it possible for it to skip over animations in rock harvesting if the harvester is going fast enough?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Slight bug with Mining
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:09:00 pm »

Seems reasonable, though I fear for your haulers.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

CogDissident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »

I have about 25 haulers, and my tactic is to make stone-designation wherever the tunnels go. I'm seeing if I can dig around the casm... I can't figure out how to get accross the lava river so I figure if I vent wate rinto it it should work... And the aquaduct loses all its water when i try to make it go over the casm.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 12:47:00 pm »

Are the openings correct on the aqueduct?  Anyway, I might as well save you the torturous experience -- the lava requires a steel bridge.  It shouldn't be too hard to make since lava forges/smelters don't require fuel, thought you'll need to navigate the iron -> pig iron -> steel sequence.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

CogDissident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 12:52:00 pm »

Ah well, on the plus side I discovered enough gold and platinum to make me very, very rich for a long time.