Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancers and necromancer towers  (Read 1325 times)

gordogomez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancers and necromancer towers
« on: February 16, 2012, 06:32:43 am »

Yesterday i managed to get to my first necromancer tower. I found some things that i want to know if you guys think are intended behavior or bugs:

1) The tower had LOTS of necromancers. Like 2 o 3 per floor. And lots and lots of books. At least 2 Tables with 10 books each on each floor (only managed to get to the 2nd floor so far thou).
2) When i approached the first necromancer, while sneaking,  and tried to attack him he was listed as friendly. In fact, i managed to recruit 3 of them, funnily enough, while remaining hidden. Now, i know some have said that necros are sometimes friendly to vampires, but i'm not sure i am one. In fact, once i got spotted in the second floor all the remaining necromancers and zombies attacked me and my companions.

Isn't it weird that you can talk to npcs while sneaking without blowing your cover?   :-\

Edit: i've walked to the tower without sneaking. The necros don't attack, but the zombies do. The wierd thing is that the moment i attack a zombie the necros become hostile.  Even the ones which are my companions!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:37:34 am by gordogomez »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancers and necromancer towers
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 07:23:29 am »

Mete Plaitbugs, necromancer was sitting at his table thinking which of the secrets of life and death to put in his new book when someone howled behind him. Mete has turned instantly, eyes peering in the darkness.
'Who's here?'
'Wohoohoooooo'
'Is that you, my lord?'
'Wo...erm...yes?'
'Lord Rakust, the king of the dead, the master of the darkness?'
'I've already said yes'
"Did you come to entrust me a mission in your name?"
"Hm.. Sounds intriguing"
"Then command, my lord, I shall do your bidding"
"Listen then lesser one, there'll be much blood spilled and you shall help it to be so because I command so. But first you must serve an avatar of mine in his journey."
"I bow to your will master."
"ARE YOU READY TO SERVE HIM IN DEATH AND AFTERDEATH?"
"Yes, my lord!"
"TO FIGHT AND GET KILLED IN HIS NAME?"
"Yes, my lord!"
"TO DO HIS LAUNDRY?"
'Wait... what?"
"ARE YOU READY?!"
"YES MY LORD!!"
"So shall be it then. Bow your head lesser one for my will incarnated shall step into your pathetic hut!"
And a human figure in a dozen of cloaks stepped out of shadows:
"So, you've heard the boss, pack up your crap we're going to kill some wolves."
And thus an adventurer Gabat Actrorwell fooled the necromancers of Deadmounds into believing that he is their god.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 07:31:55 am »

If you are a necro, or a vampire, talking to them can be intended. Yesterday I spoke to a mummy while sneaking (my char is vampire), so..

It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 07:36:07 am »

Once you join team undead, you're friends to Team undead.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

gordogomez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:42:32 am »

hehehe, being able to actually trick someone like that ingame would be awesome (with dialog options and all). Regarding vampires, if my adventurer was one, would it be able to just walk to necros and talk to them? (no cloaking involved). I haven't tried this yet. Will see what happens if i do so when i get home... Anyway, i don't think my adv. is a vampire because once the zombies spotted me, the remaining necros attacked me.   

Logeres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:40:11 am »

I don't think that's intended. I had a similar experience with a group of goblins nesting beneath the keep of the capital. They didn't react to me at all, even though I didn't sneak and had in fact no sneaking skill. They did start to attack me after I accidentally broke goblin leaders arm with the pommel of my sword (I walked into her).