Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Go to a temple: goblin (priest?) attacks. What happened?  (Read 954 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Go to a temple: goblin (priest?) attacks. What happened?
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:50:28 am »

Anyone have a clue what happened here: I went to a temple (I assume that's what is was; the map called it the convent of something), and immediately a goblin with the kind of title priests have declare that he would kill me.

I was low level, so even though he just had a boning knife I was afraid of being killed by him or becoming hostile to the civ, so I ran away. Luckily, him just going hostile on me didn't put the people against me and I continued as usual.

The only theory I have is that a goblin became part of the human civilization, but was automatically hostile to me because I'm a PC and he's a goblin. If that's what happened I'm putting it on the bug report.

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Go to a temple: goblin (priest?) attacks. What happened?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:56:14 am »

Hm. That might be it. When I play goblins, everyone outside my starting hamlet is hostile to me. Could just be that goblins are hated (and hateful).

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: Go to a temple: goblin (priest?) attacks. What happened?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 12:22:34 pm »

Hm. That might be it. When I play goblins, everyone outside my starting hamlet is hostile to me. Could just be that goblins are hated (and hateful).
its the babysnatcher tag.  or was last edition.  it makes playing as goblins quite !!FUN!!
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time