Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inside Outside Farm Plot  (Read 1604 times)

Moocow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Inside Outside Farm Plot
« on: December 14, 2007, 12:22:00 am »

So, in my latest fortress I dig a down to soil level and make a tunnel to some sand where I dig a room big enough for a farm plot. For some reason though, that farm plot is considered outside and I cannot plant my plump helmets there. Is this a bug? Is there a way to fix this? Known bugs didn't have anything on this that I could find. It's in yellow sand by the way, and in gives me "Inside, Light, Above Ground statistics".

[ December 14, 2007: Message edited by: Moocow ]

Death solves all problems - no dwarf, no problem.
- Joseph Stalin

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inside Outside Farm Plot
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 12:27:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Moocow:
<STRONG>So, in my latest fortress I dig a down to soil level and make a tunnel to some sand where I dig a room big enough for a farm plot. For some reason though, that farm plot is considered outside and I cannot plant my plump helmets there. Is this a bug? Is there a way to fix this? Known bugs didn't have anything on this that I could find.</STRONG>

That's a known bug in .33e.  I think /any/ square that has been dug out counts as outside, regardless of connection to the surface.  Try .33d or an outside farm :S.

Moocow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 12:37:00 am »

Dang. Guess my dwarves will have to survive on strawberries for a while. Will they hapilly drink strawberry wine?
Death solves all problems - no dwarf, no problem.
- Joseph Stalin

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 01:28:00 am »

Simply have one layer of solid rock or dirt (not a floor, an actual Z layer of unmined stuff) between the surface and your farms.
t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 01:32:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by GreyMario:
<STRONG>Simply have one layer of solid rock or dirt (not a floor, an actual Z layer of unmined stuff) between the surface and your farms.</STRONG>

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 04:19:00 am »

Hey, at least this mean you can have safe sunberry farms.