Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: spotting a vampire  (Read 1830 times)

nopil3os

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
spotting a vampire
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:57:06 am »

"Urist McVictim has been found dead completely drained of blood!"

so i went through the unit screen and quickly found a possible candidate for the perpetrator:
a wax worker with no family, no friends, an impressive age of 185 (startet embarking at year 76, everyone else is around 50 years old). also, he had 4 kills already and wore an bone amulet. I walled him in in his room and waited. he died of thirst. since then, three more dwarves including the mayor have been sucked dry. either i was wrong about the wax worker or i have more than one vampire in the fort.

is there an easy way to spot them? "doesn't like garlic, has long teeth, only goes outside at night"?
a friend suggested, locking everyone in and wait and see who doesn't die. but that's not really a nice option...

I'd be shocked if dwarves didn't eat the demons they killed. After all, if they're willing to eat a poison spewing monstrosity, why not a flying dinosaur thing that hates all life?

Qwicol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: spotting a vampire
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 03:07:26 am »

Consider if U want to spoil CSI: Dwarven Vampire Hunter:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nopil3os

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:54:26 am »

i think i found him. it's the cook.
8 times former member of something, 2 times the mayer of one of the somethings. and his deity has cursed several people with vampirism and werwolf-thingy
I'd be shocked if dwarves didn't eat the demons they killed. After all, if they're willing to eat a poison spewing monstrosity, why not a flying dinosaur thing that hates all life?

Qwicol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 05:04:39 am »

Give him full candy set of armor, candy weapon, assign him to burrow with useless bags of bones childrens and soap makers and make separate squad for HIM.

!!SCIENCE!! request:

Will he stay in his burrow when he's feeding?
Does he always respond to military orders?

nopil3os

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:39:08 am »

unfortunately, candy experiments are impossible at the moment. i don't even have standard metal ore.
for now i have made him manager and confined him to an isolated office with access to a death pit where i intend to feed him prisoners.

edit: also he serves his 800-day-sentence for the 4 murders there