Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Job cancellations (strange)  (Read 1232 times)

Sofaspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Job cancellations (strange)
« on: December 13, 2007, 11:46:00 pm »

J. Random Dwarf cancels Clean: Could not find path.

This occasionally spams me on my current fort, to the tune of 1 message for, oh, EVERY SINGLE DWARF who has cleaning enabled.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is they can't find a path to.  I've even unlocked the doors to the magma access tunnel (not the magma tunnel itself, I'm not stupid), on the off chance there was something in there.  Nope.

Is there a way to find out what tile a job cancellation like this refers to?  My other option seems to be turning off cleaning on everyone, which... may not be a bad idea anyway but I'm loath to try, for fear my fort will turn into a stinking pit in the ground.  :)

Can't... stop... laughing...:<BR>"... but at least in DF if Elves chained themselves to trees it would just mean an extra ax stroke or two." --Forumsdwarf<BR>"Would the owner of the red GCS silk socks, please pick them the f*** up, you left your FPS void on." --MadJax

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Job cancellations (strange)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 01:18:00 am »

there's got to be some isolated edge type area or something that your dwarves can't get to.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

xzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Job cancellations (strange)
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 07:32:00 am »

Dwarves will get a job to clean up any molten material in magma, even if you have it marked forbidden.

Only way to suppress the message is turn off job cancellation notices, or remove the 'Clean' job from all dwarves.