Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Played again after almost a year... need tips adventuring...  (Read 1068 times)

vettkinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Played again after almost a year... need tips adventuring...
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:25:38 pm »

I'm sure Toady would make fixes eventually, but for now, how do you become a successful melee adventurer?

My usual tactic no longer works (which is: roll a peasant human -> grind legendary swimming / sneaking -> find hapless animal -> wrestle to death, gain legendary wrestling/fighting -> use weapon of choice -> hunt bandits and beyond).

How do you manage melee adventuring in DFVD? For now, I guess I'll stick with throwing rocks to those mean bandits.

Also, the crypts in cities tend to be extremely laggy (I have an i5 processor), wut do?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Played again after almost a year... need tips adventuring...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:32:46 pm »

As long as we have to endure that ridiculous amount of random encounters i`d just roll a Demigod. (Who can have a hard time, still.) Btw, i never really saw the sense in rolling a peasant and grinding skills- If you are going to grind to or past Demigod Levels anyway, which is easy but time comsuming and boring, why not just start as one?

After starting my adventurer i try to recruit one follower and try to reach the nearest city- There i pray that an armorer is present. If one is, i visit the castle and steal and sell the items there and outfit myself with a nice set of armor. Then i venture below into the catacombs and kill a few kobolds and other (usually) weak stuff. If you don`t like to "steal" (No one will mind) you can just go straight into the catacombs and acquire loot to sell there.

Also, most crypts i have visited weren`t laggy. What causes the most lagg in cities is the LARGE fruit market.. If he is near or above the crypts it will lagg.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 01:35:15 pm »

I go around killing all of my enemies one at a time. Easy. Sneak, maim, move onto next target.

Eventually you reach critical skill and can just kill everything head on.

vettkinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:47:28 pm »

I go around killing all of my enemies one at a time. Easy. Sneak, maim, move onto next target.

Pretty much, i only do one on one with bandits currently (the one in the sewers, or crypts/prisons). Me being attacked by multiple bandits always ends up in bloody fun.

Also, most crypts i have visited weren`t laggy. What causes the most lagg in cities is the LARGE fruit market.. If he is near or above the crypts it will lagg.

Understood, i will now avoid the crypts/dungeons under the capital then. Thanks for the hint, comrade.