Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Self-important necromancers  (Read 914 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Self-important necromancers
« on: February 16, 2012, 12:13:28 am »

Noticed this in my legends screen, under artifacts...

"Islas Glowingriders:  Natural or Supernatural?"

Islas Glowingriders:  Natural or Supernatural? was a legendary topaz-bound book.  The written portion consists of a 19-page essay entitled Islas Glowingriders: Natural or supernatural?, authored by Islas Glowingriders.  It concerns the human necromancer Islas Glowingriders.  The writing is fairly cheerful and it gives a feeling of compassion here and there.

...it somehow amuses me that the most interesting thing a necromancer could think to write about was himself.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Self-important necromancers
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 12:20:01 am »

Indeed, in fact, all the necromancer autobiographies (that I've found) say they were written cheerfully and in a extremely compassionate in tone.

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Self-important necromancers
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:04 am »

Indeed, in fact, all the necromancer autobiographies (that I've found) say they were written cheerfully and in a extremely compassionate in tone.

Really? I found several one necromancer who wrote several, which seem to track her fall into bitterness. And her apprentice's books kept alternating between being stunningly compassionate and stunningly vicious.