Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Companions  (Read 917 times)

Sammygood

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
More Companions
« on: February 16, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »

This is probably obvious, but I cannot work out how to get more companions. I have 2 already, but whener I go up to one they say that they will not get enough glory blah blah. So how do I get more companions?

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Companions
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 04:24:06 pm »

Kill known bandits/night creatures/titans, then spread your success around.  Each time essentially means you can recruit one more guy for your party.

Just remember though that while you cannot stop the frequency of ambushes, the more companions you have, the more enemies you will face in an ambush!

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:24:57 pm »

Two methods, the more quests you do the more 'famous' you get within a civ or town and the more soldiers you can get to recruit.

Or become a necromancer and raise an army!
(Beware: Large armies cause large ambush forces, of at least 30+ enemies)

Fakeedit: Ninja'd

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:43:39 pm »

Yeah, my 400+ undead army made me get ambushed by 49+ kobolds. (Because of the terrain and trees I couldn't see them all, but I there were 49 I could see) My undead army ended up being 600+ afterwards.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 04:50:55 pm »

Its good to take one more point in social awareness, extra companion :D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.