Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: City Life  (Read 605 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
City Life
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:57:47 am »

I'm curious about what folks are finding in the (admittedly lag-inducing) crowded cityscapes.
Back alleys? Broken sewer grates? Secret entrances? I have no real idea what to expect other than what the log has hinted at.

So far no broken sewer grates found for me. I'm just having fun being amazed by the organic-feeling gatehouses (obviously former forts swallowed by the city), abbeys, temples, parklands, sewer-grates, and general bustle. The cries of the merchants hawking their wares helps, too, though I know it makes for horrible lag for some folks. The material-preferences of the shops are amusing, too. Want to kit yourself out in all White-Heron Garb? Just find the right shop (amidst the hundreds).

My explorations have found a building surrounded by what appears to parkland, and presided over by a Holy Virtue. The travel map tells me nothing of what this one is. I'm guessing abbey swallowed up by the encroaching city. At any rate, this place has a basement, likely a crypt. Fun times ahead?

EDIT: OMG! LITERALLY!
the Abbey or whatever has a "deity" living on the top floor. Bisan - a towering iguana twisted into humanoid form with external ribs. It twitches and fidgets. It has clear jagged wide-set scales...  beware its poisonous gas!

Looks like I get so see my fav' changelog item in action: demons masquerading as gods will try a little harder.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:05:48 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: City Life
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:44:35 am »

An iguana in human form?

You know what to do...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: City Life
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:03:12 am »

pfft. With zero kills and no experience?
I suck up to it and steal the bag o' socks in its room, that's what I do.

Then I go down into the crypts below and fight bazillions of kobolds until I die, apparently.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]