Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: As a dwarf adventurer, where can I find armor my size?  (Read 1776 times)

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
As a dwarf adventurer, where can I find armor my size?
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:52:26 pm »

As the title. With this update, I decided to go for adventure mode! 15-17 short-lived adventurers later, I can't find for the life of me any armor for a dwarf. I just want to get a good accomplished adventurer who I can then retire, and maybe see in Dwarf Mode!

So where can I go? Thanks for the help. All the markets seem to just sell large sized things I cant wear.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: As a dwarf adventurer, where can I find armor my size?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01:31 pm »

Dwarf bandits. Ironically, it seems to be that Dwarf sized armour was easier to find in 2010 ;P

Nevertheless, it's been mentioned and Toady will hopefully add a more accessible market system :)

Litral

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:04:20 pm »

You can slaughter goblins and elves too.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 01:27:19 am »

After slaughtering two hundred notables including a great many dwarves, and recruiting a large number of dwarven companions who met grizzly ends, I can honestly say that I did not come across a single piece of metal armor from any of them. Nor did I find any on elves or kobolds that I killed. I didn't come across any goblins though except for ones that had been zombified so perhaps they would have had their standard goblinite equipment. I'm not quite sure how I would come across goblins though since the towers don't exist and there weren't any ambushing parties attacking me.

Perhaps sewers or lairs would be the best bet. I haven't been to sewers, but I know in DF:2010 I found dwarf sized copper gauntlets in a night creature lair.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 01:39:03 am »

Unlucky I guess. I find dwarf armor every so often, usually lying around in the keep of a fort, or in the catacombs under a town.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 02:50:25 am »

I found a steel cap earlier! O, it's glorious.  My adventure is centered around a large, semi-ruined city where dwarves are integrated into a human civilization. Their fortress sites that I've managed to reach are rather a bit too spartan, but I think I've got a sewer to explore near one, at least.
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 02:51:52 am »

Lairs still seem to contain dwarf/elf/goblin sized armor.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 03:08:39 am »

It's really best to create dwarf-sized stuff in your own dwarf fortress and abandon if you are going to roll with a dwarf adventurer.

On a new world gen, I initally use humans to run around and kill stuff because it's easy to find equipment and dwarves in DF mode will engrave depictions of said human adventurer striking down all manner of historical figures making plaintive gestures.

I like to embark on night creature lairs so the stuff I make for adventurers can be stored in them and are easy to find.