Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [DF v.34]Adding reactions/magic: New world required?  (Read 764 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
[DF v.34]Adding reactions/magic: New world required?
« on: February 16, 2012, 12:20:32 am »

Pretty straight forward title, I don't want to go through the agonizing process of remaking a full-size world with how slow worldgen goes in this version, and I want to experiment adding all sorts of pew-pews and special magicks.

Also, I'd love some ideas for what to add. I like Deon's Witcher mod alot, and gave me the inspiration to add new tomes as well as non-base-element magic.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:21:15 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DF v.34]Adding reactions/magic: New world required?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 12:35:42 am »

Pew-pews can come pretty easily with pocket worlds, so long as you make a test creature.

But yes, new world gen.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 12:44:41 am »

Pew-pews can come pretty easily with pocket worlds, so long as you make a test creature.

But yes, new world gen.

Damn. I didn't want to have to regen my main world that took about two hours to get to year 170. Anyone else notice how worldgen seems to slowdown massively around the mid-2nd century, no matter what size? I think the content update has made it too much to handle!
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 12:46:01 am »

125 years is fine at this point.

I once had a pocket world genning that was taking forever just to get to year 20. Then I looked and I saw that it happened to have 1000000 megabeasts instead of the 0 I thought I had set it up to have for fast world gen  :-[