Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire killing = FUN  (Read 2075 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Vampire killing = FUN
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:48:04 pm »

Post your vampire kills!

Lucky enough, there were around 3 meatshield soldiers around when I accused the thing.
My spear got stuck on his upper body, I strangled him around 4 times with my right hand, then started kicking him until that happened.

Fun was had that day.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Sroge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire killing = FUN
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:54:58 pm »

I got an assignment to kill Ospram Puzzletook the vampire in the capital city. I went there, and decided to look for some armor. Little did I know it, when I went to a temple to steal some stuff to trade for armor, the priest was Ospram. It felt good to accuse someone of being a night creature and actually get a response. I killed him easily enough.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:09:35 pm »

I set the city on fire, everyone chasing me as I kept ambushing random people and stabbing them to death for the evulz. Then I saw the vampire king, and decided why not. Burst from ambush, slashed it in the upper body with my bronze boning knife, stabbing it with my copper dagger then lodging my spear in its lower body. Long story short, all three weapons end up getting stuck in the vamp after a while, and it kills me. WORTHY DEATH.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:19:28 pm »

I set the city on fire, everyone chasing me as I kept ambushing random people and stabbing them to death for the evulz. Then I saw the vampire king, and decided why not. Burst from ambush, slashed it in the upper body with my bronze boning knife, stabbing it with my copper dagger then lodging my spear in its lower body. Long story short, all three weapons end up getting stuck in the vamp after a while, and it kills me. WORTHY DEATH.

Augh.

I forgot to mention I asked that vampire I killed about his family, and the list went on and on. I'll look for them on Legends later to check if any of his relatives were vampires too, but I get this urge to hunt down his whole family anyway.

I drank his blood for the lulz, now it seems like my char is a vampire, and has Thirst for blood. I'll wait to see if it goes away or if'll just have to deal with it.

--
And now I just killed a fellow vampire in a one-hit aimed spear attack on the brain!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:39:00 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 01:30:48 am »

My first kill of the new version. She was the local law-giver, too. I outed her as a vampire.
She never touched me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:32:37 am by Kay »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 03:28:14 am »

It's not a kill yet but I still want to share, I've been hunting this vampiress for hours. Legends said she was farmer so I've been checking inventory, renaming and accusing every farmer in that damned village, then blinking jeweler accidentally caught my eye, I check her inventory and see lots of human bone rings, guess that's how she hit legendary, when asked she said she's farmer though.
I accuse her, and room explodes in violence.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science