Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: oodles of food, starving dwarves  (Read 1513 times)

jaybee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
oodles of food, starving dwarves
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:11:00 am »

I have well over 400 plants in stores for my 70 dwarves and yet all of the sudden many of them are starving. There are no locked doors in their way and no restrictions on their movement, yet some are starting to hunt for vermin and others, even if they're not in vermin mode but are hungry or starving, will stroll right on by barrels full of food. Admittedly I've let my meat stores go down, mainly because of the bug in version 0.23 where any meat that you trade for just sits and rots. Is it that dwarves just get sick of plump helmets after a while and would sooner starve than eat another one?

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: oodles of food, starving dwarves
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:14:00 am »

Still using 33A? As of 33B and on, dwarves no longer get stuck hunting for vermin. However, I'm not sure how other things are playing into the food factor. Every time my dwarves have been hungry, they just went and ate and ate and ate, emptying my stockpiles before winter ever hits.
t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

jaybee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 02:18:00 am »

do you need to have a certain number of dining rooms or tables perhaps? have additional immigrants made my dining rooms insufficient?

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 02:19:00 am »

My dwarves have always walked to the food stockpiles and just started eating.
t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

jaybee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 03:00:00 am »

OK, spring came and now all the sudden every dwarf is eating like it's going out of style. Does food freeze in winter? Only other change that happened is that I unlocked the doors to my farms, but the farms aren't really on the path to/from anything....