Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "The dwarves were unable to complete the carpenter's workshop" (bug?)  (Read 2137 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

So I've just reclaimed a fort that had a carpenter's workshop that was still being built when the last dwarf was slain, now I'm getting announcement spam identical to what I've typed in the thread title. I can't suspend said workshop, or cancel it, and am getting insane ammounts of low fps despite the high fps that I got during the first embark at said site. Should we consider that a bug?

I'm going to try to unforbid all logs to see if it gets built

EDIT: all dorfs got killed by the undead before I could find out if they would try to build it or not. I'll try to see if I can cause it again in a non-evil embark.

EDIT 2: Upon reclaiming the test site, the under-construction workshop I had placed there simply dissapeared, so I don't know what is going on.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:38:44 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The dwarves were unable to complete the carpenter's workshop" (bug?)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:57:24 pm »

It is not a bug, the workshop wasn't there on reclaim because it was never built. It couldn't be build for a wide variety of reasons:either a component you ordered them to use was forbidden, or there was crap blocking the way (e.g. a dead rat in the building site, or a rock designated to be used somewhere else)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 04:04:05 pm »

The problem is that I couldn't cancel it in any way, and got the message over and over and over.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Geekkake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 04:35:29 pm »

Could be worse. Reclaims flat-out crash for me, on account of walls.