Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: pig iron armor...  (Read 2547 times)

puffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
pig iron armor...
« on: December 10, 2007, 09:08:00 am »

So, i had a dwarf go into a fey mood and make an artifact pig iron buckler. My question is, how does it compare to steel, if it even has any armor value?

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: pig iron armor...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:49:00 am »

This is a rather spoilery answer. You've been warned.

Well, the raws have no tags denoting the strength of pig iron, so the strength of it would likely be 50% by default (The same as copper) unless the fact it has a brittle tag factors in. Though, i'm unsure that the brittle tag (Yet) has any effect on it, it's an artifact, meaning that it has an unknown (currently) modifier to its quality - a masterpiece is 2x, meaning if it was a masterpiece it'd be as effective as a plain iron (100%) buckler, but the fact that it's an artifact means that it's higher quality makes it useful still, though its quality is still unknown.

I had a similar issue with one of my dwarves using a non-standard metal to make an artifact sword, too. I plan to kill him (as it was a possession) and give the sword to my first champion swordsman, when i get one.

Code_wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 12:04:00 pm »

quote:
I had a similar issue with one of my dwarves using a non-standard metal to make an artifact sword, too. I plan to kill him (as it was a possession) and give the sword to my first champion swordsman, when i get one.

How are you going to make sure its your champ that picks it up? Mark it as forbidden, let your other soldiers equip themselves. then forbid all other weapons and reclaim the sword and tell your champ to get a sword?

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Code_wizard:
<STRONG>

How are you going to make sure its your champ that picks it up? Mark it as forbidden, let your other soldiers equip themselves. then forbid all other weapons and reclaim the sword and tell your champ to get a sword?</STRONG>

lock the dwarf who needs the weapon in a room with just him and it in it, then tell him to pick it up.

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.