Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dr. Dilemma  (Read 1383 times)

Uronym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dr. Dilemma
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:19:49 am »

In Cryptsteppe, I have an interesting problem. My previous chief medical dwarf, Urist, is the subject (really, her name is Urist!):

• Urist becomes a chief medical dwarf.
  • Urist is recruited into a marksdwarf squad for her marksdwarf skills.
  • Urist is shot by a goblin crossbowman in the ribs (nearly the heart, he almost died!)
  • Urist is taken to the hospital.
  • ???
  • Urist cannot recover, because she cannot diagnose herself, because she is bedridden, because she cannot recover.
  • Urist earns the name "Dr. Dilemma", Defunct Doctor.

What's more, I even assigned a new chief medical dwarf (sorry, Urist) but the new chief medical dwarf will not diagnose her! The hospital is accessible and Urist has been in bed for almost a year now, and the other dwarves bring her food and water. The other chief medical dwarf does something pointless, like leatherworking, and isn't busy.

Have any of you had similar circumstances? I really like Urist and I hate to see her be a vegetable like this. What can I do?  :'(
What I think we're saying is we need dwarves to riot and break things more often.

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:24:55 am »

Deconstruct the bed.
If that does not work, also delete hospital zone and recreate it.
Dr. Dilemma should be moved to the "new" hospital and get diagnosed.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 09:30:33 am »

Chief medical dwarf enables health screen only.
You need to enable diagnosis labor (and other medical jobs) on someone and she'll get treated eventually.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:37:34 am »

...(really, her name is Urist!)...

...Urist is recruited into a marksdwarf squad for her marksdwarf skills....

...Urist is shot by a goblin crossbowman in the ribs (nearly the heart, he almost died!)
Typo?

But on topic, any doctor with diagnosis labor on can diagnose. The chief medical dwarf is just for the health screen and the nobility status. Nothing more, nothing less. Make sure the hospital is active and Urist is 'Resting' on the bed.

Edit: Didn't see those other posts above, sorry.

Uronym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:41:42 am »

whoops! didn't enable Diagnosis labor on new chief medical dwarf. Sorry, Urist, for leaving you bedridden in the hospital for a year!
What I think we're saying is we need dwarves to riot and break things more often.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 10:07:23 am »

The good news is that there will now be a diagnosis. Tha bad news is that there is now probably a rather serious infection.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 01:00:43 pm »

The good news is that there will now be a diagnosis. Tha bad news is that there is now probably a rather serious infection.
the good news is you get to figure out the soap industry!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?