Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regional Prospector issues with 38a...  (Read 3298 times)

Bogdanov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Regional Prospector issues with 38a...
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »

Hi everyone

I download the new version, and i see plenty messages about how people found great starting locations with regional prospector in their maps...

Well, for me, regional prospector isn't working for the new version.. I searched utilities on the wiki, i read 0517A5D's page, i haven't found any explanations anywhere as to how to get prospector to work in the new version

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Browsing manually for magma is pretty dull   :(

Thanks in advance

PS : this is the error message i'm getting, in case that helps solve the problem :

"Failed to find memory locations to patch; perhaps they're already patched? Please report at ... 0517A5D's page on the wiki"

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Bogdanov ]

Pyro93735

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regional Prospector issues with 38a...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

You're using one of the beta versions, which seem to be version-dependent. The original one still works fine.

Bogdanov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:01:00 am »

Well thanks for the answer.. You were right, the "real" (not beta) prospector works..

But it raises more questions

Where the hell has the magma gone? In the previous versions, there was magma almost everywhere.. Is prospector unable to locate most magma wells or has the geology changed in 38a making magma a much more rare feature?

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

im still finding magma just as often as usual, on multiple generated worlds. dont see why you wouldnt