Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quickly, while Toady is asleep!  (Read 4681 times)

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
Re: Quickly, while Toady is asleep!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 09:15:14 am »

Sum the prices of Portal 2 and Skyrim (both of which are pretty cool in their own right, mind you) and you've got a decent base starting donation for Dwarf Fortress, if you ask me.

He's definitely both asleep and awake until observed, which means more meetups may be called for. However, due to the Threetoe Uncertainty Principle, it is impossible to know both the waking status of the Toady One and which bug or feature he is currently tackling at the same instant in time; so perhaps live meetups should be abandoned altogether instead.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 09:21:03 am »

So we basically have a Schrödingers Toady on our hands right now, right? Only Threetoe knows if he's actually awake or asleep. Since he could be asleep and awake at any given time, i support the notion of constant donations. In fact, i believe it's about time i make my donation as well.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 09:34:10 am »

So Threetoe is the only one to know the quantum state of the Toad even when he's not observed, thus he's omniscient.Does that make Threetoe... God?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 12:03:52 pm »

I'll have to wait an indefinite amount of time to donate again.

Nonono, see, due to his erratic sleep schedule, there's a roughly even chance at any given time that Toady could be asleep. So just to be sure, you should never stop donating.

Actually, the chance is exactly even.  There are two possibilities and 100/2=50.  So there's a 50% chance either way.  Maths works like this now.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 12:59:14 pm »

First off, I understand the joke. There's a 50% chance that tomorrow I'll have DF 1.00.00 on my PC, out of nowhere: Either I do (50%) or I don't (50%)

Toady doesn't sleep 12 hours per day. If he did it would actually be 50%.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 05:07:22 pm »

Sum the prices of Portal 2 and Skyrim (both of which are pretty cool in their own right, mind you) and you've got a decent base starting donation for Dwarf Fortress, if you ask me.

That's actually just about what I donated last time.  $100.  Think I'm up to...$175 total, ever?  (My amounts have increased over time)
Pages: 1 [2]