Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The king + the sherrif  (Read 2747 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
The king + the sherrif
« on: February 08, 2008, 07:26:00 am »

Well the king just turned up disguised as a peasent apparently. His disguise however is good I cant tell which one he is and he doesnt show up on the nobles screen. is this common? Will he put in a hard days work disguised as a peasent and not make any demands or is he going to start handing out mandates and demands for flashy rooms in a couple of months?

EDIT:
after the immigration wave i had enough dwarves so i elected one to be the sherrif, few seconds later i get a message hes been killed. Turns out he'd wandered into the nearby cave (which is marked as restricted traffic zone and all items inside forbidden) i hadnt got any job cancelation messages so does this mean he went in there to deliberatly pick a fight and can i expect all my sherrifs to do this? It would be kinda ironic if i had to lock up a sherrif for his own safety after ive locked so many up for my other dwarves saftey.

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: thatguyyaknow ]

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The king + the sherrif
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »

You must have missed an object with forbid, because my sheriffs have never wandered off to pick a fight.
keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

Silveron

• Bay Watcher
  • Arichect of Destruction
    • View Profile
Re: The king + the sherrif
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »

Its also possible a new object was generated. A web, bone from a now rotted corpse. Anything like that can do the job. Wall off the cave completely as changing the traffic weights does nothing if its still the only available route. ie, traffic helps them decide which way to go around a obstacle but doesnt keep them from going around the obstacle itself.