Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Advanced combat strategem.  (Read 4118 times)

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced combat strategem.
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 07:30:26 am »

Stab in lower body, or/and cut off arms. If they don't die by then I go for legs. Once they've fallen I kick the head in.
Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

Evergreen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 01:59:47 am »

My tried and true strategy:

Be an elf (hero or demigod) with a scimitar and no shield or armor, just pure speed. Set for dodge. They're so fast they can be next to impossible to hit. Behand your foes and leave them for your followers to chew on

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 08:09:28 am »

As a spearman with lotsa points in dodging, spear and fighting I tend to stab them in upper and lower body until their head opens up for a shaft bash fatality.
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

Raidmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Hackin' n' Wackin' n' Smackin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 11:36:49 am »

Run away, wait a turn until they move towards you, attack once and repeat.

Works every time, usually they'll bleed out, or you will just get surrounded, or take a wrong turn.
Pages: 1 2 [3]