Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Horses can talk?  (Read 501 times)

Slanted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Horses can talk?
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:48:00 pm »

So I'm running around in adventure mode, butchering goblins, getting dozens of drunks killed to plunder a few <Horse>, and I stop in a town to resupply.
Well, no sooner did the town load then I saw a previous adventurer's corpse dumped unceremoniously outside the buildings. I laugh and put it out of my mind.
Until I see a named horse wandering around. Osirun, or something. So, in prime adventurer fashion I try to wale on it with my mace...AND IT TELLS ME THAT IT KILLED THE OTHER ADVENTURER.

Also, it was apparently flagged as a hero of the town, and the guards killed the hell out of me.

[ August 29, 2007: Message edited by: Slanted ]

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
Re: Horses can talk?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:50:00 pm »

No you are wrong.
He was no hero, that horse got enough experience to take control of the town, you freed the villagers of his monstrous tyranny.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 11:14:00 pm »

What I find amusing is how damned old that horse is... of course, DF horses are iron horses so I guess they never truly die of old age.

[ August 30, 2007: Message edited by: Lightning4 ]

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 01:33:00 am »

quote:
AND IT TELLS ME THAT IT KILLED THE OTHER ADVENTURER.

I begin to find this quite annoying... Didn't the horse say something like "... (Killed such and such)"?

Because if so, he didn't talk... It's only an out of game way to tell you that this mobile got named after killing another one, possibly even an adventurer.

I am on a hot streak... literally.

Slanted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 09:47:00 pm »

quote:
I begin to find this quite annoying... Didn't the horse say something like "... (Killed such and such)"?

Because if so, he didn't talk... It's only an out of game way to tell you that this mobile got named after killing another one, possibly even an adventurer.  

I've played the game for a few months now, I know what the game log things are. I guess I didn't phrase it will. It was his "My name is (name), killer of (name)" speech thing. I think there might have actually been another deed beyond killing the other guy.

Which just raises further questions really.

quote:
No you are wrong.
He was no hero, that horse got enough experience to take control of the town, you freed the villagers of his monstrous tyranny.

THEN WHY DID THEY CUT OFF MY HEAD  :mad:

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 01:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Slanted:
<STRONG>

THEN WHY DID THEY CUT OFF MY HEAD   :mad:</STRONG>

Stockhold Syndrome

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 10:31:00 am »

Stockhold you say?
"It's unpossible!"

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 11:46:00 am »

yes, because tyrannical horses are very expensive to maintain, and it forced people to regularly buy it's stock. and now that stock is worthless, because of your revolutionary deeds.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 01:49:00 pm »

This is no bug--it's obvious what happened here.  A horse is a horse, of course, of course, but no one can talk to a horse, of course, that is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed!
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 12:16:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Slanted:
<STRONG>So I'm running around in adventure mode, butchering goblins, getting dozens of drunks killed to plunder a few <Horse>, and I stop in a town to resupply.
Well, no sooner did the town load then I saw a previous adventurer's corpse dumped unceremoniously outside the buildings. I laugh and put it out of my mind.
Until I see a named horse wandering around. Osirun, or something. So, in prime adventurer fashion I try to wale on it with my mace...AND IT TELLS ME THAT IT KILLED THE OTHER ADVENTURER.

Also, it was apparently flagged as a hero of the town, and the guards killed the hell out of me.

[ August 29, 2007: Message edited by: Slanted ]</STRONG>

Think of it as an easter egg tribute to the Ultima series... with a sinister twist.