Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Utility Request: Supply Demand Tracking  (Read 429 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Utility Request: Supply Demand Tracking
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:14:42 pm »

A few of my mates had this idea, and while they all seem to think its possible, none are willing to give it a crack.

The idea is simple. A DFHack command, or other executable file that reads the current fortress. It finds all the pref strings that your dwarves currently like and collates them into an array.

This list is returned to you showing how many dwarves like each item, and also checks your stockpiles showing which items you have in stock, highlighting green/red to show which ones need attention.

This would make it easy to see what materials, pets and other things you need to import/produce to keep all dwarves happy. Because it shows the "weight" of each demand it should be useful with both 7 and 200 dwarves in your fort.

So questions would be:
Can each dwarves likes be accessed similar to its other attributes and labours as in Dwarf Therapist?
Does this sound as useful to you as it does to me?
Can you think of any other snags in developing this?
Can you think of any bloaty features that would also be good?

Other features i can think of:
Prefs from dwarves with noble/military roles are given more weight, or moved to the top of the list
More labours means more weight to demands (Peasants/Haulers are not very important to keep happy)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Utility Request: Supply Demand Tracking
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:45:19 am »

that would be pretty freaking sweet...and doesn't seem to exotic of a request pretty sure DFHack can get all that info already.