Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fist of the North Star?  (Read 1841 times)

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fist of the North Star?
« on: February 09, 2012, 04:08:12 am »

Is it possible for an adventurer with enough strength and striking/kicking skills (other fighting skills as needed too) to make people explode with a single punch/kick?

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fist of the North Star?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:03:44 am »

Dunno if its possible in this version, I think that was possible in older versions though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:15:29 am »

No.

Bodily explosions will only happen when they fall from high z-levels and kill themselves on impact. (~10+)

You CAN wrestle a same-sized creature as your venturer, by the RNG (as you cannot choose yourself or I haven't found the exact circumstances that lets you) your adventurer will make a 'throw' on your opponent, launching them into the air and killing them if they land on any terrain.

No 'splody bits though. (Wrestling) You cannot punch/kick-combust anything in this version.

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 09:35:04 am »

I´m still going to get my Dwarf to legendary striking. Why: Because his name is John Murderbolted the North Star. RNG-godness

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 09:42:13 am »

If you play as a Bronze Colossus, you can grab and throw people with enough force to gib them.  Additionally, if there is enough of a size/weight difference between you and your target, you can potentially hit them hard enough to send them flying.  My corrupts (modded race with bones and muscles made of a metal denser than osmium) could kick rabbits across the screen, with hilarious results if a wall or obstruction happened to be in the way.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 02:10:44 pm »

Sadly you can't completely destroy anyone anymore. It was entirely possible in 40d.

example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A freaking CHILD punched a large raptor species in the ass, causing it to explode :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 02:45:09 pm »

Use an axe.