Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can goblin blood carry diseases?  (Read 796 times)

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can goblin blood carry diseases?
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »

It's the only thing I see in common between the many, many victims of a new syndrome, which appears to only cause slight pain and nausea. They all have smears of goblin blood since they refuse to wear shoes =/
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can goblin blood carry diseases?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 02:57:38 pm »

It could be venom from a weapon that somehow managed to get into spattered blood?

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 03:00:14 pm »

Exctract/Spittle, covering a weapon, entering a goblin's bloodstream and somehow ending up in my zoo? Seems plausible.
On a side note, is there a way to clean off blood from tiles without using magma or deconstructing the floor?
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »

Make lots of soap. Dwarves will grab a bar of soap and clean a tile if they have nothing to do.
Lots of soap, plus lots of dwarves with nothing to do means forgotten blood ichor stops making everyone in my fortress slough off all their skin.

Or you can just turn off cleaning for all but one or two dwarves to be your sacrificial janitor.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 03:13:37 pm »

Nevermind, it was a single tile of FB extract, which conveniently was also on top of that goblin's blood. Removed and reconstructed the tile, seems to be gone. I'll make some soap as a precaution though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 04:24:09 pm »

Nevermind, it was a single tile of FB extract, which conveniently was also on top of that goblin's blood. Removed and reconstructed the tile, seems to be gone. I'll make some soap as a precaution though.

You just need a water source, a bucket and a happy dorf. Although, the dorf cleaning has to stand on the tile of the muck to clean it, not much help if you're dealing with FB sauce. So magma is again the best option here.

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 04:27:38 pm »

Streets clean everything.
Build a dirt road.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 04:32:13 pm »

I don't think you can build roads on stairs. But yeah, dwarves stopped vomiting the moment I removed those stairs, and now I'm roofing the zoo so it's all good.