Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More logical interruption.  (Read 637 times)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More logical interruption.
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:57:09 am »

I'm kinda tired of losing twenty or more people, due to starvation or thirst, because there is a Goblin standing roughly two miles away, above ground, behind a row of tall stone walls, possibly bleeding all over the ground and limping. I get that fear is supposed to be there, but seriously - nobody is going to stop eating or drinking because of minor anxiety.

The way it is now, Goblins don't even have to kill you for your fortress to crumble - they just have to stand around in the vague vicinity of dwarves and wait them to starve themselves to death.

That's fairly irritating and needs fixing big time.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
Re: More logical interruption.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 09:12:34 am »

I can't see what there is to fix.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:19:37 am »

Maybe Dwarves should learn fear rather than just running away from animals simply because they exist.
Modified by the dwarves personal preferences/experiences, maybe if there's a history of dwarves in the firt being attacked by carp then all or most dwarves there will learn to run away, but if nobody has had any problems then they should just ignore them...
Kinda like the borg .
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »

Maybe the game should avaliate the health condition of the certain creature.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.