Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A simple(?) question - Trifle Pewter Bed  (Read 1023 times)

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
  • A bastion of crazy in a small area near Hurricanes
    • View Profile
A simple(?) question - Trifle Pewter Bed
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:50:38 am »

So I am on my mega project - Rimamused. All is well save this; Our mayor demands a trifle pewter bed in her office. Can this be modded in, and if so how so?

I normally would not ask, but, if you have seen that project of mine, I have been slow in it - and I'd like not to ponder the raws for a day or more, for fear of delaying a posting in my own thread for way too long. (Or making things far more interesting than I would like due to an editing error.)

Now, we all know that there are efficient ways to deal with silly demands, and I am not above using any of those methods - but I should like to remedy this peacefully, if I can. (I'm not an elf. Mega project. Feel the need to reiterate amongst dorfs.)

[Shameless plug - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=95520.0 - it is large. Delays avoided are appreciated.]

I thank anyone in advance, and will do so again after. *grin*
The cat, Anom, approves of Scamps' methods. She admires fine scars on her human's body. She purrs in a method most disturbing. She thinks Scamps needs to train the human better. She rolls on the floor in a luxurious pile of catnip. She attacks her human lightly.
Rimamused  -  Dorfen Itza

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: A simple(?) question - Trifle Pewter Bed
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:58:26 am »

If it's a demand (rather then a mandate) then you can simply ignore it and it will go away with a small unhappy thought (but no death beatings or imprisonments for dwarves). If you still want to create one then you need to do this.

Take a reaction you don't ever use (I'll use rose gold making)

[REACTION:ROSE_GOLD_MAKING] (Leave this line the same, if you change it you will break your save)
[NAME:make rose gold bars] (change this to "free trifle pewter bed" or something like that)
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE] (leave this)
[REAGENT:A:450:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:GOLD] (Delete this)
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:COPPER] (and this)
[PRODUCT:100:4:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ROSE_GOLD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] (and this)
[FUEL] (and this)
[SKILL:SMELT]

Add the [PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:INORGANIC:PEWTER_TRIFLE] to the reaction. Then simply go to the smelter and it should be there.

Note: make sure that you are editing your save raws, not the global ones. These can be located in the save/regionX/raw/objects file.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
  • A bastion of crazy in a small area near Hurricanes
    • View Profile
Re: A simple(?) question - Trifle Pewter Bed
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:44:07 pm »

First, thanks.

Now, I tried this;
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ROSE_GOLD_MAKING]
[NAME:free trifle pewter bed]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:INORGANIC:PEWTER_TRIFLE]
[SKILL:SMELT]

in 'reaction_smelter.txt' to no avail. (To avoid the question, it is from here {E:\Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25\data\save\Rimamused - 155 - Dome Finished\raw\objects} I am making the changes.)

I see what the changes do - they make sense after looking over the file. Or so I think.

How did I mess it up? I have all the metals needed for everything, incl. rose gold, so I also tried it under [REACTION:BITUMINOUS_COAL_TO_COKE] instead of rose gold, thinking that it'd help.

It isn't terribly important, since as you mentioned a demand won't make her go loco-nuts spiraling on me. Still, I am now determined to get me a stupid bed. Maybe. Likely not.

Thanks again.
The cat, Anom, approves of Scamps' methods. She admires fine scars on her human's body. She purrs in a method most disturbing. She thinks Scamps needs to train the human better. She rolls on the floor in a luxurious pile of catnip. She attacks her human lightly.
Rimamused  -  Dorfen Itza