Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Relations?  (Read 671 times)

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Relations?
« on: February 04, 2012, 06:11:51 pm »

What would happen to my relationship with the mountain home if I sealed my fort up for a few years and let the gobbos do what they wanted with the dwarven trade caravan and liasons? Will they ever get mad enough to attack or abandon my fort?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Dwarven Relations?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:28:05 pm »

Nope.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:32:10 pm »

You'll never be attacked by your own civilzation for letting caravans get killed.  You can however start a loyatly cascade by killing them with your troops.  I've never tried this myself, but apparently it's possible to kill order them accidentally.  Fun will be had if you do.

Anyway, so far as I'm aware, the only consequence of this is it supposedly affects the amount of goods they'll bring next year.  Or maybe that only applies to other civs?  Either way, if you're letting them play with the goblins, you probably don't care too much about what they bring.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 08:56:48 pm »

You'll never be attacked by your own civilzation for letting caravans get killed.  You can however start a loyatly cascade by killing them with your troops.  I've never tried this myself, but apparently it's possible to kill order them accidentally.  Fun will be had if you do.

I found the cure to loyalty cascades a while back.
Cascading Dwarves get attacked by your tame animals. When they kill said Dwarf, they become an enemy to your civ.

Killing the animal does not continue the loyalty cascade.

Simples.