Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game Screen Too Small  (Read 2340 times)

Slothpoke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Game Screen Too Small
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:57:29 pm »

Ummm not sure if this posting topic thingie is working ;p but i'm trying out dwarf fortress for the first time and after loading up the game the game screen is tiny in windowed mode, taking up only 1/4th of the screen, going thru init file {Data/Init/init.txt} found a option that set the starting windowed/fullscreen setting

Full screen crashes the game and none of the X and Y resolution thingies work.. I was able to ummm switch the game to a full windowed screen but once again it made no difference.. the text didn't change in size and just left the game with a large black border around the side hmmmm..  with a small monitor already is there any way to make text and graphics bigger in the game?

i would include a shiny picture of what the game looks like but I don't know how to insert pictures.. it looks too complicated

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Game Screen Too Small
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 08:18:17 pm »

try resizing the screen then hold ctrl then scroll with mouse wheel. See if that work.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:24:05 pm »

Are you running the SDL version or the Legacy version?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Slothpoke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »

Well it was a bit tricky to do but did try the resizing thing with ctrl mousy.. but ummm.. it seems the game is in max zoom already sadly :-[

And yeah I'm using the is the SDL version in linux, I downloaded the ummm legacy version but had the same problem :-{

I'm did a bit of hmmm looking on the internet for inserting a picture.. think i got it working.. it's a picture of me trying to get it into fullscreen :p with the first loading of the game it didn't have the large border to the right and bottom of the screen and instead just the desktop showing so u can see what I mean by a rly small screen ;p

waldo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:09:46 pm »

oh! it doesn't fill the screen until you actually start playing, don't worry jsut try it!

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 03:34:23 am »

Yes, certain screens in the game are limited to a certain size (80x25 tiles, I think). These include the world gen, embark, trade, military and several others.

Slothpoke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 08:54:22 am »

Aha oks.. thank fer that.. works fine now ^_^