Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Co-op RPG games  (Read 10426 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: Co-op RPG games
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »

This Sacred intrigues me... I'm not a huge fan of the linearity of Titan Quest. In what sense is Sacred not linear? I assume it still has a pre-made map, not procedural? And the quests are always the same?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 08:23:15 pm »

This Sacred intrigues me... I'm not a huge fan of the linearity of Titan Quest. In what sense is Sacred not linear? I assume it still has a pre-made map, not procedural? And the quests are always the same?
Sacred 2 plays like a mmo but in single player and with equally boring quests. Me and a friend played until we beat the boss and then completely forgot about the game

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 08:37:00 pm »

Borderlands.  Up to 4(?) player co-op, and ends up feeling a lot like a Fallout MMO.

KG

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »

Hm, "Nox" had a multiplayer componant if I remember correctly. It was in the same vein as Diablo 2, but with a bit more comedy. I think you can find it on Good Old Games.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 10:01:23 pm »

Nox had a delicious multiplayer component. Both deathmatch and co-op modes, though I don't remember if you could co-op through the main campaign stuff. In any case, both were absolutely incredible for the time. Very bloody impressive multiplayer, that game.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 10:01:57 pm »

While nox was a great game, its multiplayer only suported a deathmatch mode if im not mistaken, so forget about that one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »

No, there was a co-op mode added later in the game's lifetime, a sort of cooperative mini-dungeon crawl. Was fairly solid.

There's actually still some servers lingering about for playing Nox, last time I checked (earlier last year).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 11:52:05 pm »

While it's really more of a beat-em-up ala Gauntlet Legends, Castle Crashers is a great game for couch co-op, and has a lot of RPG flavor and some nominal character statistics (enough that your characters will end up being good at different things). Not as entertaining in single player, in part because friends are awesome, and also because you don't get NPC helpers and the difficulty later gets to the point where it's hard to progress without co-op players.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 12:42:13 am »

While it's really more of a beat-em-up ala Gauntlet Legends, Castle Crashers is a great game for couch co-op, and has a lot of RPG flavor and some nominal character statistics (enough that your characters will end up being good at different things). Not as entertaining in single player, in part because friends are awesome, and also because you don't get NPC helpers and the difficulty later gets to the point where it's hard to progress without co-op players.

also I love Dan Paladin's artwork
he's a newgrounds artist that did all of the art for castle crashers,
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.
Pages: 1 [2]