Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Complete Newby Play-along Tutorials... are complete!

(1/59) > >>

TinyPirate:
** Tutorials are not for the current, 2010 build of DF. However, they will teach you 90% of what you need to know for the new version. More tutorials may come in due course. **

My YouTube tips for Dwarf Fortress

I've had a lot of positive feedback from my play-along DF tutorials so I thought, now that they are complete, that I would post links to all 12 here.

Play-along? Yes, play along! New players can just pick up the pre-created save in the client I link in the first version and then follow along with my instructions. Lots of folks have said they found this to be an awesome way to learn a complex game! So, anyway, enough about all that. Here are some links.

The Complete and Utter Newby Tutorial for Dwarf Fortress
- Part 1: “WTF?”
- Part 2: “No, srsly, WTF?!”
- Part 3: “Dwarf whatnow?”
- Part 4: “It almost makes sense!”
- Part 5: “Onwards to Victory!”
- Part 6: “Dwarf Resource Management”
- Part 7: “A Mighty Fortress!”
- Part 8: “It’s a trap!”
- Part 9: “Nobles and other useless sods”
- Part 10: “Soldiers and your army”
- Part 11: “Burning hot mag-ma!”
- Part 12: “That’s all folks?!”
- Post-tutorial Dwarf Fortress links and resources

- Part 13: "World Building Badness"
- Part 14: "Embark... to your doom!"

And all of the tutorials in a big PDF!

DF 2010 Tutorials
- Using Dwarfs for Medical Experiments

**NEW** The tutorials are now available in French!

Feedback and comments welcome.

Scruga:
dude this is just great! it might be to late for me to use it ::), but it think this should get stickied. For the really newbie questionis in DF they could firstly look here

PTTG??:
Fine work!
Be sure to update it when the new version comes out- oh, and on that note,
you may want to have the next version use a default graphics set so that those users with smaller resolutions don't have to deal with the init, though the graphics may be more friendly.

TCHJ3K:
Your tutorials have been really handy... I haven't been using the play-along files, but the ones about stuff like magma are really helpful in explaining some of the more complicated (and potentially fort-destroying) concepts.

I can't remember if you've covered it in one of the earlier parts, but something about water would be really helpful - it's a great way of ruining a tremendous amount of hard work with one mis-dug tile...

Twad:
Nice!  tutorial is clear and well done... and funny!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version