Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

(1/173) > >>

Toady One:
DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

zagibu was heroic enough to provide the above php script.  You can add new suggestions and vote for your favorite three.  You can change your votes at any time.  You can also edit or delete suggestions that you add.  There are bound to be questions about merges, splits, which suggestions/categories are valid, what to do when a suggestions is completed, whether or not you agree a suggestion is completed and all that sort of thing, which is what this thread is for.  However, when you add a suggestion, please link it to a forum thread if possible, so that the really particular discussions can be carried out over there.

If there's a strong consensus on something, message me and I can post some rules here.  If the person that posted a suggestion seems to be gone for a significant period of time and it needs to be edited or deleted, message me as I have the power to edit/delete any suggestion.  I don't anticipate this being a burden on me, but if it becomes a burden, we can figure out how to assign some maintainers to the page.

How you guys use the new page is up to you.  I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it, but since I don't know php and zagibu is a heroic and busy person, things will probably progress slowly.  I think it should work out, but if you have concerns about the whole idea, please air them here promptly.  The tabulation process is very hard on the people that have volunteered to do it manually in the past, so I'd like to try this partially-automated solution.

To avoid vote account spamming, you need to have posted enough to exit Escaped Lunatic status (8 posts).  I'm not sure if I'll stick with that or not, but it's the way things currently work.  I know some people will probably be more interested in voting than chatting on the forums, but safeguards are also likely needed to avoid corrupting the process.  I can view the status of the voters now, so everybody with a forum account can now vote.

Draco18s:
Fantastic.  I'll start filling in the various suggestions from the Top 10 list. :)

*Cough* zagibu, you need to sterilize your database inputs, it won't take an apostrophe in "doesn't."

Othob Rithol:
zagibu has created Neatoforumtool, a native platinum script.
zagibu has become a legendary forum crafter.

edit: Any way I can claim admin rights for the Guilds suggestion?

Draco18s:

--- Quote from: Othob Rithol on September 13, 2008, 05:04:40 pm ---edit: Any way I can claim admin rights for the Guilds suggestion?
--- End quote ---

I'd have to delete my entry.  There's no real need though, all admin vs. user rights over entries are who's allowed to edit the description.

If anyone would like to make my descriptions better (just about everything on there at the moment was written by me) just let me know, I can either change it or do a "transfer" (you make a new one, I delete the old).

Oh, and I finished adding everything with 3+ votes (and any 2 vote ones that sounded decent, which was most of them) to the list.

Tormy:
Awesome!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version