Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Woodcutters don't cut wood

(1/2) > >>

TheFartingFox:
I've set orders to the highest priority and yet my woodcutters are still doing nothing, there are 4 copper battle axes no-one is using.

Quietust:
Your woodcutters aren't in military squads, are they?

TheFartingFox:

--- Quote from: Quietust on May 02, 2024, 07:37:49 am ---Your woodcutters aren't in military squads, are they?

--- End quote ---

I already looked that up and they are not.

A_Curious_Cat:
Are you using DFHack, and do you have autochop enabled?  If so, does autochop have a burrow with trees in it assigned to it?

Alternatively, if you are not using DFHack, are there trees designated for chopping?

Also, if all else fails, try saving and reloading the game.

anewaname:
Your woodcutters need to be a member of the Woodcutters work detail (labor screen).

Your woodcutters need to be holding an axe in their hands. Normally they pick up one immediately, but those axes on the ground may be reserved for military uniforms.

Are all your woodcutters in the hospital for some reason?

The woodcutters need to be able to walk to the designated tile on the tree. It is possible to designate a tree tile for chopping that is would require climbing to reach, or that there is a locked door between the dwarf and the tree. Or that the stairs allowing the dwarfs to climb out were accidentally removed.

I have seen dwarfs ignore tree cutting while there is a lot of nearby hauling work, but the higher priority marks on the trees usually gets the dwarfs attention.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version