Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Interesting bug like behavior involving retiring a fort

(1/1)

aradar:
Okay I just noticed and realized that the creature in question I was playing with had not living in its creature tags so that might have had something to do with retiring for it and them going completely and utterly crazy...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)I made a small fort a very small fort I made one library I designated four scribes and three three scholars then I retired the fort when I unretired the fort everybody is stuck in their prior rolls and will not do any mining at all and I cannot change them from their designation as scribe or scholar.

Not sure what else could cause this odd behavior.

Another odd thing to note they're not designated as scholar or scribe initially when the map reloads from unretiring at first they can do things for a couple minutes  then suddenly they're all designated as scribe or scholar whether you do it or not they're just designated,  from then on they don't do mine  anymore

And it also seems like I have nobody designated to cut trees yet there's three people cutting trees

Okay after a lot of googling and finding some more posts here and looking through stuff it also has to do with artifact books/scrolls bug.

And they persist in the scholar scribe State whether the library exists or not

On one of the retires all of my original people were now hostile and I got over a hundred different civilization members to come and take over and I got to play them instead of the people that I embarked with super odd stuff

I save scum the fort four times and on the fourth time it finally unretired normally not sure what the hell's going on there but wow really bizarre behavior

It almost feels like the game got stuck thinking they were that one profession and wouldn't let him become any other profession but it's weird because of retired forts in the past and it's just never happened I'm not sure why this happened but it did happen and it had something to do with the shenanigans involving retiring forts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version