Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Goblins Towers in DF 50.

(1/3) > >>

Nilsou:
Hello everyone,

I have several experiences in modding civs with DF42 and lower and I try to replicate some of my knowledge with the steam version and the new system of mod.

My current goal is to make a darker world at world gen, with a lot of towers from different civilisations, and more specifically : Goblins Tower.

And so far, I have failed...

My previous discoveries on DF42 was that Towers are linked to secrets of life and death (obviously) and that the quests for those secrets are triggered by the aging of the character. So I have tried to replicate the maxage trick that makes elves and goblins mortal and so make them fear for death. (with a [MAXAGE:400:600]).
The second trick is to add Death sphere to those civs, which also work well in DF42.

And it works, partially : in History I see well more necromant towers, from elves, from humans and also from Dwarf as I have added the Death sphere to them too.
But inexplicably : no Goblins tower, on only one in a very long time.

After history inspection I see that there is a pretty consistent number of Goblins Necromancer, but they appear to not build any tower, they just rule standard goblins pits or have some position in it.

I have tried several things like reducing other civs to have more goblins (and adding more demons), or adding scholarship and all the stuff to create Books in Goblins pits (with the idea that with books, the necromancer’s secrets will spread quicker), but at this point nothing had work : in multiple world generation : always a solid number of goblins necromancers (not more than humans or dwarves for unknown reasons) but no Goblins Towers  :-\

I take any idea to guide me :) 

aSpatula66:
Maybe try adding deities to goblins? They don't have any by default.

Eric Blank:
It sounds more like, they have no impetus to leave. In human and dwarven civs, people that don't age get chased out by suspicious villagers, and after a while will go found a camp and then construct a tower. It sounds like goblin civs, even though you made them mortal, aren't kicking anyone out, so they never go build a tower. I don't know what that's controlled by, either.

Nilsou:

--- Quote from: aSpatula66 on February 14, 2024, 01:20:10 pm ---Maybe try adding deities to goblins? They don't have any by default.

--- End quote ---
By "deities" you mean "Sphere" ?
If yes, I have already added some sphere, notably death, to Goblins, with a Pantheon, and to the elves too.

It is necessary to have goblin or elves necromancer but this doesn't seem to modify the number of towers. There are no towers from Goblins and very very low number of tower from elves. In contrast Dwarves and Human made a lot of tower even with lower total population.

Or is it possible to add default deities (not sphere, named deities) to a civs before the world gen ?  :-\

Nilsou:

--- Quote from: Eric Blank on February 14, 2024, 02:03:49 pm ---It sounds more like, they have no impetus to leave. In human and dwarven civs, people that don't age get chased out by suspicious villagers, and after a while will go found a camp and then construct a tower. It sounds like goblin civs, even though you made them mortal, aren't kicking anyone out, so they never go build a tower. I don't know what that's controlled by, either.

--- End quote ---
I think this is a point, I will check this later in the history.

I guess there is two possibilities :
- The Maxage is too large and there is no suspicion of no aging in the time covered by my worldgen.
- The EVIL tag prevent the expulsion of the necromancer

-> And indeed : maybe it's simply hardcoded ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version