Dwarf Fortress > DF Announcements

Dwarf Fortress 50.11 Released

(1/4) > >>

Toady One:
Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Release notes for 50.11 (October 3, 2023):

Here's a patch for a linux log crash and tutorial issues, as well as some more minor issues that came up in code analysis.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed crash on linux related to game log threading
   (*) Fixed broken tutorial on click workshop step
   (*) Stopped tutorial prompt in tiny worlds where tutorial is invalid
   (*) Cleaned up a source of squad schedule corruption
   (*) Made classic graphics setting work properly on restart (hopefully for real this time!)

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Fixed potential problem with doctors vs. multiple hospitals
   (*) Ballista arrows etc. that chop down trees now count for treecap diplomacy
   (*) Image sets with non-uniform types now properly display as having a variety of types
   (*) Generic improvements now properly display "made a masterful improvement" in histories
   (*) Allowed single pair dances to generate properly
   (*) Fixed potential minor oddity involving animal placement

Rumrusher:

--- Quote ---   (*) Ballista arrows etc. that chop down trees now count for treecap diplomacy
--- End quote ---
uhh weird question what does that etc. mean in this case like... different types of ballista?

oh does this just mean siege weapons being used to chop trees down now counts for treecap diplomacy?

Bumber:

--- Quote from: Rumrusher on October 03, 2023, 01:30:46 pm ---
--- Quote ---   (*) Ballista arrows etc. that chop down trees now count for treecap diplomacy
--- End quote ---
uhh weird question what does that etc. mean in this case like... different types of ballista?

oh does this just mean siege weapons being used to chop trees down now counts for treecap diplomacy?

--- End quote ---

In the past it was controlled by the "piercing" projectile flag, which I'm pretty was just ballista arrows (and not catapult stones.) Don't know about now.

mikekchar:
I'm pretty sure that means that if you fire your ballista and the arrow destroys trees as it flies through the air, each destroyed tree counts against your cap.

Bumber:

--- Quote from: mikekchar on October 04, 2023, 09:19:36 am ---I'm pretty sure that means that if you fire your ballista and the arrow destroys trees as it flies through the air, each destroyed tree counts against your cap.

--- End quote ---

AFAIK, projectiles can destroy trees if and only if they have the flag. I'm not aware of any projectile besides ballista arrows that have it or can destroy trees. (Pretty sure it's hardcoded and needs to be hacked after the projectile is created, too.)

Maybe the "etc" refers to fires? Do those properly destroy trees?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version