Other Projects > Other Games

Dominions 6: Rise of the Pantokrator Released

(1/8) > >>

MCreeper:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2511500/Dominions_6__Rise_of_the_Pantokrator/

So here's that. Like giving more importance to plain troops as an idea. But it probably will mean that in cases where it didn't matter whether you have 100 or 200 footmen, you will have those 200 footmen.  :P

Haspen:
And here I was wondering the other day if there will be 6th game soon :P

Nordlicht:
Looks like there'll be more Dimensions / Planes. And a complete new spell school. I like the more COE5 like UI.

MCreeper:
May as well bump this, eh? Although there is already discussion going in playthrough thread.

I remember someone snarking about game-breaking power creep seeping into CoE5's technical part when I ranted about it's nonsensical in-mods-bugginness. Don't know about power creep in CoE, but in Dominions it shows. Only select few units had invisibility, before devs dropped a whole nation of invisibles in Dom5 (and Ubar in general is power creepy as heck). In Dom6 there at least some means to obtain it on things that didn't have it in first place, and means to counteract seem widespread. A bit silly that the very first buff of Glamour is to disregard any other Glamour buffs the other guy may have.

EDIT: Why did they have to follow the trend of thinly spreading interface over edges of the screen, dear god... And recruit and army setup hotkeys are right next to unrebindable end turn button.
Looks like they sweetened arena deal. Winner of this one got about 400 gold and 22 fire gems in addition to artifact. Order of fighting is still weird though. Angakok went in and massacred almost everyone, finishing with mutual kill against abyssian slayer. Then king of both worlds fought rain priest and won.

Criptfeind:
I also dislike the UI changes. Of course, UI changes always feel bad until you get used to them, but even so it feels like a real step back in usability on a already ropey UI. I've heard some people say it's a good thing in the long run because it'll force you to learn the hotkeys (and I'll admit 1000 hours into dom 5 I didn't learn the hotkeys for the basic stuff) but honestly fuck that. Gimme both hotkeys and a useable UI. I've got enough to learn and think about when playing the game, I don't need too add learning hotkeys on top of that.

Also yeah, it is weird that they've nerffed a bunch of bless stuff and then put in a bunch of efficient looking glamour blesses that are then in turn countered by glamour. Honestly though I think a lot of strategy is going to be different enough that it'll take a while to shake out what blesses are good and what aren't, so it's too hard to make a judgement on glamour blesses yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version