Finally... > Forum Games and Roleplaying

SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk of Gedur!

(1/32) > >>

Ixarys:

Spoiler: List of Tyrants of Gedur (click to show/hide)Gezhugimiluk, 300 AC - ?
(Last update Spring 302 AC)
- Birth: 265 AC
- Trait: Ambitious
- Family:
Wife: Aktina, daughter of a prestigious merchant (wed in 285 AC)
Heir: Naram-gez (son, born 288 AC, with Aktina)
Other children: Aruki (daughter, born 290 AC, with Aktina), Tiamat (daughter, born Autumn 301 AC, with Aktina)
- Achievements:
Founder of the "of Kutaz" dynasty (300 AC)
Did a successful raid on the Nenubilanur Kingdom, in the surroundings of Ewadd (Autumn 300 AC)
- Other:
Received a Fate Seeker's prophecies (Spring 304 AC)
Started a training system for slave-soldiers (Spring 305 AC)
Got rid of the corruption in the bronze trade (Summer 305 AC)
- Death: /

Spoiler: Of Kutaz dynasty tree (click to show/hide)Last update: Autumn 305 AC
(Made with Family Echo)

------------------------------
Greetings people of Bay12! I am once again coming out of nowhere to submit a game to you.
Basically the SPAMKINGDOM series from the mighty Haspen, but with an eastern flavour. If you have ever dreamed of playing in a bronze age city-state scenario, well, it's your luck.

Most of the rules are similar to the Spamkingdom, so you should not be lost. I have however a few modifications.

About statistics

There are four stats for your city-state: Stability (which is similar to Haspen's Happiness), Army (which is your army strength compared to your neighbors), Treasury (which is how well your fortune is going. Note that this is not about the economic's wellbeing of your population, but your own) and Population (like Army, relative to your neighbors' ones).
Unlike Haspen, I will use - and + to express the stats. Both because I want to give a feel instead of a raw number and because I don't want to get entangled in maths. The range goes from --- to +++. Both extremes are bad, though only --- may cause game over. +++ will only cause... Unstability and unrest that may lead to a --- situation.

Stats aside, game over happens if your capital city is destroyed, abandoned or absorbed into an empire. This means that you may have political or dynastic changes, or even being a vassal to another city-state and continue, as long as your rulers have a direct control over your city.

There are also five stats for your ruler, which I shamelessly borrowed from the Crusader Kings series:
- Diplomacy: How your character is able to smooth their interlocutors with their tongue
- Martial: How well your character is in military stuff. Include his skills with weapons, for sake of simplicity
- Stewardship: How good is your ruler with coins, managing state projects and generally monitoring the realm
- Intrigue: When it comes down to sneaky and illegal stuff
- Knowledge: For when you call history, customs, law and theology for help

For reasons next below, these five stats are ranked from 0 to 20. Lower numbers are worse. Most people are between 8 and 12.

I might also add traits. Some of them might only give small bonuses or maluses, others might be hugely influential. Acting against your personality may give your character addictions to cope with it.

About rolls

Most of the rolls will be on D20, using the five character's stats. Successful rolls must be lower or equal to the concerned stat (treshold can be modified by bonuses or maluses).
1 is a "natural critical success", 20 is a "natural critical failure", independently from the skill tested.

About votes

I am not against suggesting new options on a vote. However, I trust you to not go overboard on it. Should the votes get more divided than an election on proportional ballot, we might back out.
Another rule on this is to not get over detailed on new option. A good rule of thumb is to not make it longer than the already existing options.

About the unfairness of the Gamemaster

Disclaimer here. I'm an amateur gamemaster, so I might have some troubles balancing the game sometimes, being heavy-handed or not enough. My goal is still to create a fun story with you, and this may (and I believe, should) include how the story ended. Please do not take too much to heart what is mean to be a lighthearted game.

That being said, let's see who crumbles first: my motivation or your mighty city!

-----------------------------------------------------
Today is a day of great joy in the city-state of Gedur. For the first time since a century, Gedur is independent, now that Kalkan Empire has fallen under the combined pressure of internal revolts and hillsmen invaders from the Namorr's mountains. It didn’t take much to convince the Kalkan governor to get out as fast as possible back to his homeland. Now, the Gedurans have chosen you as their new leader. Who are you?

Name: Include your regal name and your dynasty name. You can check out the funny names from Ancient Mesopotamia if you lack inspiration
Formation: Diplomat / General / Advisor / Henchman / Priest
Give you a bonus on skills roll in the according category

What is your city-state best known for?
A) Its massive population, bigger than most city-states of its size
B) Its troops, who were important auxiliaries in the time of Kalkan Empire
C) Its strong customs and traditions, standing Gedur out of its other neighbors
D) Its rare tin mines, key component to make bronze, making the city-state a major trade hub of the region

And finally, how did you came to power?
A) Through a palace coup, using the dignitaries of the city as support to oust the governor (Monarchy)
B) Intimidating the small group of Kalkan officials by an army's show of strength (Tyranny)
C) By a mix of bribery and threats, using the wealth of your rich merchant friends (Oligarchy)
D) Using the clergy to gather support of the population, becoming the leader of a popular arising (Theocracy)

Haspen:
Name: Gezhugimiluk of Kutaz
Formation: General

As for the choices: DB

Blessings upon thee and thy game.

NUKE9.13:

--- Quote from: Haspen on June 01, 2022, 11:58:43 am ---Name: Gezhugimiluk

--- End quote ---
Is the name a compound of Regal and Dynasty names? Cos we're supposed to include both. Other than that, I approve of this. For the first choice, D is the only option, in my mind- control of tin is insanely important during the Bronze Age. The wealth said tin generates will need defending, so a strong military start makes sense as well.

Haspen:
Oh huh, mesopotamians usually lacked dynasty names as they were tacked on by later historians, I think.

EDIT: Added a more plausibly sounding dynasty name, indicative of birthplace.

King Zultan:

--- Quote from: Haspen on June 01, 2022, 11:58:43 am ---Name: Gezhugimiluk of Kutaz

--- End quote ---
+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version