Finally... > Creative Projects

Music Creation Thread

(1/41) > >>

MeimieFan88:
Hello, I am an aspiring electronic music producer, and I'm curious if anyone else here also likes making music. I figure this can be a place where we can do some collaboration, and also help each other such as giving feedback and having some general discussions related to making music. I mainly create digital music tracks that are sort of in the EDM/House genre, but I also like to experiment a lot; if you want you can check out my finished works in the link in my sig.

Anyway, I'm gonna start by posting some random unfinished pieces; you can edit / add to them if you like. Feel free to post your own stuff too, so everyone can listen to them and maybe play around with them. And if you have a finished piece, we can give you feedback or do remixes.

I should mention that I've not collabed much before, so this is a pretty new experience for me.

Okay so here are some sketches and unfinished pieces. I didn't fully mix/master these so some things probably sound a little off. If you want to work with them you can download them by clicking on "More", and then "Download original file". If there are other details you'd like to know such as BPM or specific instrumentation, just ask and I will let you know.

"Sleepy Stars" - A jazzy tune (2:35)
(removed some tracks that were too incomplete sounding)

Looking forward to hearing your songs, talking about music, and seeing what we can make/learn together! Oh also feel free to make requests if you want me or others to make a song for you. I'm not familiar with all genres but it will be good practice for me.

Naturegirl1999:
Thank you, I will make some songs soon

Quaksna:
Oh, a man of music, great!

I am an aspiring organist, so yeah, I love music! I do not compose much, cuz I'm tremendously uninspired.

I really like these songs of yours! Simple, yet nice. Definitely keep up with this, this has great potential! Far better than mine, at least... I think you mixed/mastered these just well. They're really smooth and pleasant to my ears. I don't have any good software nor experience in this whole sound quality thing, which is unfortunate, for it can ruin the otherwise good composition.

Oh, I'm just babbling. Let me show you my work. I posted some of these in other threads, you might have stumbled over them already.

"Journey Ahead & Wind Behind" - Melody full of confidence and sense of pursuit
"Ykewaka (A Giant)" - A sad ballad
"Kevekiii Kawavaka (Frog tale)" - Grand hymn full of frogfolk patriotism

The first one was created when I found nice scheme of chords, I built the song around it more the less.
The second is also a sort of variation with a chord scheme that invokes this sad feeling.
The third one was in production for quite some time, but I sat, refined and finished it at last.

Ykewaka and Kevekiii Kawavaka have lyrics, and I indeed tried to record myself singing, but then my microphone broke. But I want to sing so badly, I think I'll fetch a new one soon, and share my voice with you.

I also wrote lyrics of a song about hopelessness and even thought of a tune for it, but never got to put it together. Might try, if you're interested... But that one would need a singer.

"Kevekiii Market in D Major "

Also this one. It's really uninspired, it's what happens when one Q'uaksna says to himself, hey, let's make some market music in D major.

Naturegirl1999:
What program do you use?

Quaksna:

--- Quote from: Naturegirl1999 on March 24, 2020, 03:52:58 pm ---What program do you use?

--- End quote ---

Freakin' Musescore. At least they packed kinda decent sounds with the latest update. I can't really get anything else than freeware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version