Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard

(1/179) > >>

Quaksna:
"Hearken to me, to what I shall tell you now. Many could one find, of those who suffered greatly, indeed, like the blades of grass unnumbered I have seen them, for hardships and woe are the plight of mortals. But only a few have I seen, who despite this fate still would hold their head high proudly and under the weight of this burden help and serve others selflessly. The one I shall tell you about, was crushed like no other, and just as you has first lamented.
Yet he rose from the dirt and did such deeds, they shall marvel at them for the end of times. Behold, his story."

Dwarf Fortress -Drawings-
Tales of the Deer Wizard
Spoiler: Chapter 1 - Fate is the fiercest beast of all out there (click to show/hide)Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15

Spoiler: Chapter 2 - In this vale of death I see three (click to show/hide)Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13 (Subsequence)
Part 14 (Subsequence)
Part 15 (Subsequence)
Part 16(Subsequence)
Part 17(Subsequence)
Part 18 (Subsequence)
Part 19 (Subsequence)
Part 20 (Subsequence)
Part 21 (Subsequence)
Part 22 (Subsequence)
Part 23

Spoiler: Chapter 3 - The Day of Darkness' Demise (click to show/hide)Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47

Spoiler: Chapter 4 - Chain in Hand (click to show/hide)Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61

Don't worry, the art gets progressively better. I hope. I started out of boredom, pretty much, I was quite headstrong kid back then, couldn't actually draw, had no idea about anything, really. And yet, it kept going. Someday, it might even achieve the -well crafted- modifier ;D Still, I'll be trying to update the art for your better enjoyment, in which case, there will be both the original and reimagined option available, sadly I don't have much time for that aside of the common updates anymore. The text is getting revisions also, as my english was quite limited and blunt at the time, also to unify the tone, as that has naturally changed over time too. Hope you still enjoy. If the images are too tough to swallow, I'd say chapter 3 part 22 it takes a turn for the better, my attitude especially. At the beginning of each chapter I have added recaps of the previous one, so no one needs to suffer through the first chapters neccessarily. The chapter 4 does a lot of catching up on its own, too.

Also we have a theme song now I guess

Spoiler: Fan Art, or rather, the superior art  :P (click to show/hide)Strik3r's render of Black
HakuryuVision's drawing of Black

"So, guys, as you probably noticed, I've recently got into drawing, like, a lot. I improved a lot, and because I have perpetual inner desire to create art, and entertain you, let's launch another project, to get even busier. I will draw a story for you, but this time, you're pushing the story forward. A interactive webcomic, like we know and love. I would like to set it in the same universe as Tales of Kudarkalur, so that the stories may collide... Someday   ;D.
Let's start. Should I design you a hero? Or you want to fully customize one? Suggest, I shall draw, you shall consult it, it shall be great!"
- November 03, 2019, 08:43:03 am, when the journey started...
Yeah I don't recognize myself in that much :-D Note to clarify some years later:

As for how this relates to Kudarkalur exactly, I still intend to build onto it, but on its own it's unreliable and therefore cannot be canon, so details do not carry over automatically, only that which is confirmed in this story. Also, Kudarkalur wasn't written very seriously, think of these as stories about a single world and its people from two sources, and one of them was a dwarven drunk passing his tale to the adventurer with bad social awareness who couldn't get a better follower.

King Zultan:
How would character creation go in this, like are there stats and skills?

Quaksna:

--- Quote from: King Zultan on October 23, 2019, 03:58:27 am ---How would character creation go in this, like are there stats and skills?

--- End quote ---
That's up to you, but yes, there is certain stuff that would help me a lot:
1) Race. Definitely pick one.
2) Appearance and attributes. Skinny kobold or fat goblin?
3) Skills would help me get some background, so, if you have ideas, there you go.

Stuff me with ideas. And I shall interpret.

Strik3r:
if we can pick our class, i say we go with something rather unusual. That being a
Necromancer
Assuming necromancers exist in this universe.

Quaksna:

--- Quote from: Strik3r on October 23, 2019, 04:46:48 am ---if we can pick our class, i say we go with something rather unusual. That being a
Necromancer
Assuming necromancers exist in this universe.

--- End quote ---

"You heard right, it's a cursed place." said Len, nodding his head. "Travellers say that who ventures into that swamp, his intents become corrupted, he gets terrifying strength and will guard the swamp forever. Some say that some wicked wizards mastered this foul magic, and can curse whole armies to become their thralls forever... Horrible fate. Only greatest of heroes were able to stop these dark lords and lift the curse away, and the soldiers could finally die, in peace..."
"Yeah, heard something about that, too. I heard they are trying to figure out how to raise dead bodies to fight for them again! Hah! Summoning spirits, okay, but raising dead... That's a joke!"
"Luckily, no dark lord was spotted for decades..."

- Len and Olmul

"That'sss jussst the deathmassster, leave him be. Besssidesss, you wouldn't capture him anyways, puny good-for-nothingsss!"

- The Golden Queen, to her servants

"I taught you secrets of death..."

- The Deathmaster, to Golden Queen

EDIT: More clearly described here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version