Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Add Asbestos

(1/4) > >>

auzewasright:
Title says it all: add asbestos as a mineral that could be made into cloth, after all, it would be fireproof and fairly strong. Also, does there really need to be another reason to add this alongside mercury, among others?

KittyTac:
You can mod it in.

auzewasright:

--- Quote from: KittyTac on December 28, 2017, 09:23:32 pm ---You can mod it in.

--- End quote ---
I figured, but I would like it to be added officially.

KittyTac:

--- Quote from: auzewasright on December 28, 2017, 10:16:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: KittyTac on December 28, 2017, 09:23:32 pm ---You can mod it in.

--- End quote ---
I figured, but I would like it to be added officially.

--- End quote ---

No point in doing so if it's so easy. I can get you the mod itself.

FantasticDorf:
The classification of 'mineral wool' is a late 19th century technological suggestion so unless you were jumping the gun a bit i don't think it'd be appropriate for the time period of DF and present technology at dwarves disposal, who aren't THAT advanced.

I guess the closest we already have since its classified as such is adamantine strands to that effect, limestone, ceramics & glass can also be spun into mineral wool and in general it seems to be a odd ability. Modding in a reaction like KittyTac suggests for the short term solution because of the lore & consistency problems having it availible in vanilla might make.

[THREAD_METAL:asbestos/limestone/etc:100] in the material definitions would be necessary then throw it over to reactions to spin said threads at particular workshops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version