Other Projects > Other Games

Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.

(1/503) > >>

Zangi:
Really, I just don't want to bother making a thread dedicated to a game, but still want to make a blurb about it somewhere.  Some of you may think the same thing.

The Red Solstice. 
You ever play custom mod games in Warcraft 3 / Starcraft: Brood War?  No, it is not DOTA.  I mean like the Raccoon City types(I don't even know the original map names) where you control a few guys in a city overrun by whatever the heck.  ZombiesZerglings probably.  This game is pretty much like that.

So yea, I've been playing the multiplayer on and off.  The biggest problem with it is that the community is pretty damn small.  You won't find a full game most days of the week, after work hours.  Usually activity picks up after a sale, before it goes back to being mostly empty. 
Obviously, there seems to be problems with new folk clashing with vets, like always.  I havn't seen that problem much, but yea, I guess its cause I try not to care what people have in their loadouts and avoid the games on 'easy' difficulty like the plague... cause its a snorefest till the later half and the experience rewarded is the equivalent of a turd under the christmas tree.
Games tend to last 50-60 minutes on a successful run, normal speed.

Edit:
Discussion related to the homeless is ok.  We expect it to die in a day or two anyways.

If popularity and collective I-want-to-post-about-it last more then 2 days, then they should be able to afford their own home.

Ozyton:
At least in Warcraft 3 it was called "Night of the Living Dead" or "NoLD", and it used a starcraft Marine model (presumably fan-made?) for the player characters. Warcraft 3 had the inventory system for hero units which made it possible. I didn't even know something like Red Solstice existed in Starcraft.

I found that style of game to be pretty cool, controlling a single guy RTS style. I didn't even know what DOTA was until League of Legends came out, even though it was pretty much the only thing that showed up in Use Map Settings and I had to sift through pages and pages of that crap to find the interesting maps. Probably would have preferred it to be more like what Alien Swarm became in terms of controls, but it's close enough.

But yeah, I have a group of friends to play this and other games on rare occasions when we all feel like it. (We also sometimes do things like Guns of Icarus Online, sometimes Interstellar Marines, and we're thinking of doing Polaris: Lost Colony at some point when it gets a bit more features and polish.) The problem with doing these kinds of things on Bay12, in my experience, is that interest is high near the start but we all have different schedules and tastes so interest wanes pretty fast. Unless you manage to find a group that's really dedicated and interested in playing.

On a side note, I have a copy of Red Solstice available in the Christmas giveaway thread if you're interested in a free copy.

Mephisto:
Grav

The only mention I see on the forums is one that I made.

My request in the "recommend me a game" thread resulted in me purchasing Wurm Unlimited (which I recommend if it interests you, but we've got a thread on it already). The next week, however, Grav went on sale. I haven't played enough to give a recommendation but it's interesting. Once I get home from work and find the Christmas thread mentioned previously, I'll put up some gift copies.

miauw62:
Zineth is an amazingly relaxing game. It's literally a game about going fast. You just wall-glide everywhere to build up speed and if you botch a jump you can rewind. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys things like tf2 rocket jumps, tribes:ascend or maybe even people who like super meat boy and similar games.

It's very fun, if rather pointless since I never figured out how to go to the moon.

Oh and it also has this bullet hell minigame thing which is pretty fun, but I prefer just going fast.

Cthulhu:
Paint the Town Red is a voxel barfight game with fully destructible environments and characters.  Slice halfway through a guy's torso with a machete or stomp on his face until you can see the bone.

Not enough content to warrant a buy right now, but you might disagree.  Swarms of very persistent enemies are annoying, sometimes it feels like a zombie game.  It's also got a blocky Thirty Flights of Loving aesthetic, I feel like a denser voxelstein look would take better advantage of destructibility.

Also Assassin's Creed Syndicate.  It feels like they've finally gotten the hang of the changes they made with Unity, combat is pretty fun and does the batman rhythm combat without turning it into a boring slog like every other similar game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version