Advanced search  

Poll

Are you having this issue as well?

yes
- 3 (75%)
no
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Tileset issue (incorrect custom race sprites)  (Read 964 times)

armok of blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tileset issue (incorrect custom race sprites)
« on: August 31, 2016, 07:04:49 pm »

I was playing around in adventure mode, being a titan, wrecking towns, the usual stuff. Eventually, I made it to a naga hamlet, and to my surprise, the naga sprites were just a lowercase n instead of the custom sprite I remembered from the last Masterwork version I played (41.0X).

I was using the Phoebus tileset.

I checked the naga on the arena by using the raws for that world for the creatures.
I searched "naga" and found 2 different types of nagas. 2 different male nagas and 2 different female nagas.
I spawned the first type of naga, and sure enough, it was represented by a lowercase n.
I then checked the second one. This one had a sprite, but it looked to have a more Spacefox style instead of Phoebus. I know there are naga sprites for most (if not all) of the tilesets because I later checked the graphics files/folders and found them.

Subsequently generated worlds do not seem to have the lowercase n nagas, but the Spacefox-looking sprites (both for nagas and Fortress Defense creatures) persist, even after switching to different tilesets and back, though I don't know why I expected that to work.
I think fixing this will require tampering with the files, but I'm not doing anything yet, so as to not risk messing it up even more. Losing is fun until you can't lose anymore.

Anybody else experiencing this? Anybody know how to fix it, if it can be fixed?
Is this even a real issue or am I just rambling on about something silly?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:06:42 pm by armok of blood »
It's not like an idea has to make sense for people to cling to it.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tileset issue (incorrect custom race sprites)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:01:11 pm »

Naga (when I have them at all) are showing as 'n' too.  Haven't had any in current game, but in last one they turned up as tavern visitors.  This was in fortress mode, not adventure.

cloud.jhi

• Bay Watcher
  • "This has been a long time coming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 02:48:39 am »

Experienced this in adventure mode. Was surprised to get ambushed by seemingly nothing til I saw the arrows and lowercase ns and connected the dots.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 07:44:43 pm »

I've been having this issue also. Didn't know it was a bug until now though.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 05:09:33 pm »

So currently there are Fortress Defense nagas and Masterwork nagas in the mod. The Fortress Defense nagas use the same sprites as helmet snakemen (if helmet snakemen use sprites).

In the current version of Fortress Defense, nagas have been renamed to nakash serpentmen to decrease conflict with Masterwork (and there is already a nahash creature in Masterwork to further add precedent).
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 04:03:05 am »

Those are artefacts from testing a playable Naga race, yes. The AI and some scripts were giving me trouble, thats why I put that on hold. But I do have proper graphics for them now.

Btw, creatures use sprites, they have nothing to do with tilesets.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::