Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should attack orders be allowed via PM for sneak attacks?

Yes
No
I love the Emperor more than life itself.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn four! New Houses welcome!  (Read 3433 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn three! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2024, 03:18:26 pm »

I increase the population of Cornucopia
Spoiler: House Ayes (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2024, 04:50:17 pm »

Spoiler: House Ravenwood (click to show/hide)
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn four! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #212 on: Today at 10:55:33 am »

Turn 4: Fantastic Foods
I am the Emperor.  My word is law.
TURNTURNTURN

The Emperor's Mood: Neutral

The Emperor Insanus Cancer takes a long, slow bite.  It was fruit imported from somewhere near the outer rim - succulent and delicious, and absolutely worth the exorbitant price tag.  Luckily it was tax deductible.  This was a working lunch, after all.

"My Emperor, the food economy might be...struggling," the advisor says nervously, scrolling through the massive column of numbers on his hologram.  His own plate lays full, untouched.  Insanus reaches across the table to grab the leg of some exotic roast beast off his plate and takes a bite.  Delicious.

"The demand for food will go down," Insanus says idly, waving a hand dismissively.  "They always whine about the price of food."  The advisor grimmaces.

"Yes, my Emperor, but for the growth and long-term health of the Empire, perhaps some subsidies might promote - "

"What sorts of fruits do you think they grow on New Pluto?" The Emperor interrupts, picking the seeds out of yet another exotic vegetable on his plate.  He tosses them onto the floor, where a waiting attendant immediately sweeps them up.

"I...I'm not sure, but the price of living - "

"I'd like to hold a feast, I think," Insanus interrupts once again, wiping his greasy hands on his robes.  "Have a declaration issued that I am accepting tributes in the form of exotic foods."

The advisor sighs audibly, but dutifully closes his holograms.  He stands, bows, and answers, "As my Emperor commands."

The Emperor is accepting donations of Food this turn!  Whomever donates the most will receive 1 Favour.  In the event of a tie, whomever donated first wins.  Unlike bids, you do NOT receive your offer back if you lose!

New Planet Available!
9[0]R: Size 9 Refineryworld.
Available for auction.  Starting bid is ^10.
A loose, dead clump of matter barely more than a circumstellar disk, this "world" is in the process of becoming a planet after its nearby star went super nova.
The star in question is still a pre-main-sequence star, but is expected to begin hydrogen burning in a few ten thousand years or so - very close to being reborn!  Until then, this "solar system" is still quite dark, and growing food here or energy harvesting is a distant dream.  However, rare and plentiful elements are abundant here due to the relatively recent super nova event. Some "orbital" habitats and extensive ship-based colonies will be required, but the rich supply of minerals is well worth it.

Spoiler: The Emperor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Today at 11:13:02 am by evictedSaint »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Today at 11:13:01 am »

That was fast, and you didn't give a turn warning. I was waiting to see if anyone had more food, but here's my turn from last time.

Looking to buy 42 food for 37^.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Today at 11:16:47 am »

Ah, my apologies.  I'd given a turn warning on the discord, but I should have given one in thread, too.  You should hop on the discord, if you get the chance.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Today at 11:21:23 am »

24 food for ^20 or half that for half that.
Spoiler: House Nagant (click to show/hide)

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn one! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #216 on: Today at 11:26:19 am »

Spoiler: House Harrak (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Today at 11:35:15 am »

ACTACTACT: Bid New Charon
Send the Emperor 1 Food as tribute

Oh beloved Emperor,
Once again, House Radiant offers one of our moons- the fabulous New Charon- to your direct rule, should you be willing to allow us to develop and protect the newly discovered discworld.
While, regrettably, we do not have the ability to furnish a full feast fitting of your Majesty's majesty, we have sent a shipment of NuPlut Watermelons: The Fruit That Glows In The Dark™ to provide a soopkon of New Plutonian flavour at your grand gathering. We seek no recognition for this gift, trifling as it is, but only a disloyal vassal would fail to send even a token contribution.
Your humble servant,
Lord Nuke.

Move 1 Pop from New Charon to New Pluto. Production happens. Terraform New Charon.

Have Food that I'm willing to sell. Ideally looking for Alloys. Make an offer.

Spoiler: House Radiant (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Today at 11:43:04 am »

Food is indeed very valuable! I'm looking to buy 20 Food for ^17. I'm also looking to buy at least 52 Alloys, for ^1 per unit. Multiple smaller deals are acceptable.

Spoiler: House Sinister (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fealty Contract (click to show/hide)

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Today at 12:19:31 pm »

Lady Awen, of House Ayes... I believe yours is the only house capable of competing with me for this favor. I would be willing to trade you my planet, Verglas, for a very favorable cost should you decline to send a significant sum of food (more than 10) to this feast. I will sell the planet to you for 30 food.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]