Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:18:12 pm 
Started by Toady One - Last post by DPh Kraken
Why are migrants restricted to the main species of your civilization?

I recall that this was intentional, mainly because different species can have different clothing sizes and that creates some headaches with the present labor system. This does seem like a question of being able to define and label your fort's relationship with the greater world.

on: Today at 01:28:03 pm 
Started by Scoops Novel - Last post by Starver
Well if you can "tweak" the laws of physics slightly, knock yourself out!

Quote from: obligatory ST:TNG
Q: "Just change the gravitational constant of the universe!"

Okay, lemme just... wHOA WHOA-
https://xkcd.com/1620/
https://xkcd.com/1763/
https://xkcd.com/2666/

on: Today at 01:10:36 pm 
Started by TynanSylvester - Last post by SQman
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So... Randy had been going very easy on me and, as it turns out, he was cooking something.

First I got an alert about a horde of sightstealers approaching. I ignored this because who would be afraid of some skinny boys. They took some time to appear, and I pretty much forgot about them. A few days after the sightstealer warning, a swarm of devourers appeared. I mobilized my mobile artillery, which was absolute garbage - it ran out of fuel without even going halfway through the map, took way too long to shoot, and missed all shot by significant margin. It did do a good job tanking devourer bites though, before getting destroyed.

Halfway through the attack, sightstealers revealed themselves, pouring from between the amphibious menace, as well as flanking from the sides. With advanced weaponry and gene-modded pawns, I was able to repel the freaks, then I went to exterminate the ones that snuck into the base proper. There were no casualties, though some people got badly wounded. Then, just as I finished bringing the wounded to the hospital, a second sightstealer horde warning appeared.

That one showed up almost immediately and was seemingly endless. When I thought I was done with them, more appeared. I'm so glad they're so flimsy. Still no dead colonists, and one freak captured to (temporarily) replace the nociosphere that served me so well before departing.

Spoiler: Nociofriend (click to show/hide)

on: Today at 12:06:14 pm 
Started by Toady One - Last post by aSpatula66
Why are migrants restricted to the main species of your civilization? It makes no sense that even if half your civilization is non-dwarves they can't arrive as migrants. Maybe the first two guaranteed migrant waves could be only dwarves and after that non-dwarves are half as likely as dwarves to migrate to your fortress.

Also, why do people only immigrate to your fortress, instead of emigrating from your fortress? Maybe they would only do it if they're unhappy with your fortress and you permit them to, so that you have some control over it.

on: Today at 12:00:12 pm 
Started by Haspen - Last post by brewer bob
A

on: Today at 11:48:43 am 
Started by Afghani84 - Last post by aSpatula66
It's because those labors use civilian uniforms (axes, picks, and crossbows.) And they break if combined with each other or military uniforms. You also can't change the existing mining, woodcutting, and hunting work details.

on: Today at 11:44:47 am 
Started by evictedSaint - Last post by NUKE9.13
I assumed that all Food was sold out, but if there is still some floating around, I would like to buy 6 Food for ^5.

on: Today at 11:29:21 am 
Started by arfost - Last post by myk
I believe you'd have to remove the files entirely, commit the change, then re-add them with changed filenames. There are also options you can change about case sensitivity, but removing and adding the files is probably easier.

on: Today at 11:27:14 am 
Started by evictedSaint - Last post by m1895
Willing to sell 10 Food or 4 alloys.
You still willing to sell 10 food for ^8?
Spoiler: House Nagant (click to show/hide)

on: Today at 11:07:35 am 
Started by evictedSaint - Last post by Kashyyk
House Sinister is still looking to buy 11 Food for ^8, and we are also interested in building a Stockpile of Alloys, and extra Food.

House Harrak sells 11 Food to House Sinister in exchange for ^8.
Deal!

Still interested in stockpiling Food and Alloys!

Spoiler: House Sinister (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fealty Contract (click to show/hide)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10