Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: (SG) Penal Governor  (Read 8825 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Penal Governor
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2024, 12:27:58 am »

+1 to sending Elke with the Sirens, but without draining her sanity. To protect the Siren, the colonists, and Lady Mercury herself, I'm inclined to armor up and engage the creatures alongside her.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 01:16:28 am by ZBridges »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2024, 01:46:33 am »

...I think I've figured out why her brother gave Lady Mercury both the singer and the bodyguards now. Hell of a prank to pull XD

Also inclined to go down and help due to Beatriz being down there.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2024, 01:50:13 am »

Let's go fight. These particular civilians might be worthless, but we don't want them to know that, nor do we want the rest of the colony to hear that we just left them to die.

We gotta put up an appearance of giving a damn about the common folk, and then they'll be more likely to do what we need.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2024, 02:09:42 am »

Let's go fight. These particular civilians might be worthless, but we don't want them to know that, nor do we want the rest of the colony to hear that we just left them to die.

We gotta put up an appearance of giving a damn about the common folk, and then they'll be more likely to do what we need.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2024, 05:26:12 pm »

+1

"I trust her abilities and I am their governor I shall not cower every opportunity"

Search for weakness, as a mole-like they might have some senses heightened, which can be exploited by our siren illusions and make we able to slow/confuse then enough for our audience to scatter and/or pick then one by one while reinforcements arrive

----------

Also, for a first date, we saw her friend to sing, talked about fencing, and got to slay a beast together (that is, if we don't die) she will think this is one of the best date ever even without the woohoo

ALSO 2, how the fuck 4 mole tanks got in a tree house, WHO relaxed in their service this much

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2024, 08:50:43 pm »

+1

Search for weakness, as a mole-like they might have some senses heightened, which can be exploited by our siren illusions and make we able to slow/confuse then enough for our audience to scatter and/or pick then one by one while reinforcements arrive
Sorry Karl, our wife insists. Suit up and roll out.

In other news, we might need to keep tank crews in all active districts. There's a chance this is a fluke or unique to Lush District, but I wouldn't wager on it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2024, 02:59:40 pm »

ALSO 2, how the fuck 4 mole tanks got in a tree house, WHO relaxed in their service this much

Ms. Marlowe is on the tree platform performing. You are on the roof of a shuttle in hover mode nearby. The monsters are attacking the audience on the ground. Monsters did not did up into a treehouse.

+1 to sending Elke with the Sirens, but without draining her sanity. To protect the Siren, the colonists, and Lady Mercury herself, I'm inclined to armor up and engage the creatures alongside her.

"Negitive Brother Karl. We are going in. I can't afford to look cowardly at this juncture, and I've got a Chrono-Siren on the ground I need to make sure extracts. Besides, I've got to give the lady what she wants on the date, no?"

A look of dismay briefly crosses the large Transhuman's face, before it resets to a neutral expression. "Understood. M'lady, if you insist on fighting up close, take the plasma caster. I don't know anything about these creatures, but they seem organic and should be susceptible to melting or carbonization."

Lady Mercury nods, and the nanites begin assembling a second structure on her back, seperate from her jump pack, which she connects to a large gun via a standard 8cm Plasma Pipe.

As this happens, the roof hatch of the shuttle pops open, and Sister Daisy pops out. The Chrono-Siren slides you the pack containing your combat gear. You press a button on your wrist interface to connect with your armor. You then spend a few seconds browsing local networks until you find Lady Mercury's tessellating armory. "Autumn, what is the armory passcode? I can get in the fight quicker if I use the nanites."

Lady Mercury steps forward, grabs your hand, and holds your wrist interface up to her face. "Biometric, gotta scan my right eye."

She squeezes your wrist to initiate the scan, and then gives your hand a quick kiss before a visor slams down over her face. "See you out there!"

"No! Wait for m-"

Lady Autum triggers her jump pack, and launches from the roof of your shuttle to the ground.

"Oh Terran God Dammit! Why can she never just stick with the group? I'm coming m'lady!" Brother Karl triggers his own jump pack and vanishes as well.

The nanites begin to assemble your armor onto your body, as they work, you speak with your Chrono-Sirens. "Either of you girls equipped for this?" Chrono-Sirens can carry some weapons that may be of use against larger targets, but they chaffe at uniformity and usually conceal their loadouts under their illusions.

Sister Shelly allows her disguise to drop, revealing what appears to be a stolen Judgement Department rifle is strapped to her back, and the hilt of some energy based melee weapon at her waist. "Dunt think this gun is the right calliber for the job, boss. Could give em a nice poke with a blade if I'm crazy enough to get dat close, but I'd rather not."

Daisy offers you a sheepish look. "Sorry boss. All I brought is me claws... And I just dropped half a gallon of Mars Juice to enjoy the concert, so I'm a mite buzzed, yeah?"

You take a moment to consider your own loadout. Your grenade launcher would be perfect for this job if you can live with some collateral civilian deaths. Built by the Chrono-Sirens expecially for you, it fires five types of grenade: fragmentation, demolition, slipstream, stickstream, and acceleration. It holds six rounds in a way that interfaces with both your memories and universal laws of uncertainty: as long as you don't know what type of grenade is next in the chamber it can be any of your choosing. Demolition would likely kill the target, but would require a direct hit. Acceleration would age it 1200 years, likely killing the beast you shoot at and everything else within 10m. Slipstream or stickstream create 30m zones that increase or decrease the speed of everything inside them; The sirens are trained to fight at abnormal speed, and most other beings are not, giving you a great support tool. In addition creatures that charge out of the slipstream zone at full heightened speed maintain their momentum but are instantly affected by all the forces of normal space, and thus usually wipe out and break at least their legs.

Your Bluewave Shotgun could also be effective if you get close enough to land a shot. Bluewave slugs house 12 laser emmiters facing in multiple directions, which turn on for a fraction of a second while the fired round is in contact with flesh, effectily shredding the target within a half meter of the wound. Your bluewave sword can likewise cut through anything organic like a stick of butter, but getting close enough to do so to the monsters would be more than a bit nuts.

You suppose you could give one of your weapons to a Chrono-Siren, or order the girls to raid the armory Lady Mercury abandoned. As you ponder, you are briefly covered in darkness as the nanites apply your helmet. Then the viewscreen with the hud flickers on, restoring your sight. You peer over the edge of the shuttle to see what has transpired while you were gearing up.

Lady Mercury and Brother Karl have somehow gotten separated from each other, with each attempting to take on a single mole monster on their own. The transhuman makes a big show of his incredible strength as he attempts to wrestle with the beast in front of him; You can't tell who is winning. Lady mercury, meanwhile, hops back and forth around her monster with her jump pack. You assume she is trying to find an angle from which she can cook it with plasma without also frying up innocent concert goers; The creature pays her no heed, and instead focuses on trying to scoop up less agile prey.

A third monster seems to be moving in slow motion, leading you to believe that Sister Beatriz is engaged with it using some sort of magic, but you can't be positive as to what is going on as the sensors on your helmet can only see through Chrono-Siren illusions at close range. It is likely Beatriz isn't carrying anything to effectively harm the beast.

A fourth monster continues to rampage and feast on civilians, completely unhindered.

Should you order them to gear up and join the fray, the Chrono-Sirens on your shuttle have the phyiscal endurance to just jump to the ground and charge in, but you lack a jump pack, or the transhuman height or agility to effectively move through the paniced crowd between you and the monsters. You will likely have to fly the shuttle low to wherever you want to enter the fray, and jump for it. You doubt you will have the chance to significantly reposition or pick a second target unless you are willing to order your shuttle to land on top of civilians so you can board.

How do you proceed?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 03:03:57 pm by Weirdsound »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2024, 05:06:25 pm »

Grenade launcher, target the one that's being slowed down with a demolition grenade. Should be an easy(tm) kill that saves our irreplaceable crewmate. Unless she's been swallowed whole or something. Maybe make contact with her before taking the shot.

Going after the unimpeded one would preserve more lives (assuming we succeed), but I actually suspect tag teaming the other two would be somewhat excessive. Lady Mercury appears to be a loose cannon who likes going solo, while Brother Karl is showing off.

As for the sirens... might as well grab something off the shelf, but they're not really built for this. Maybe just tell them to help out anywhere they think they can, if they can, and stay safe otherwise.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2024, 06:14:55 pm »

+1 to the above.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 02:15:20 am by ZBridges »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2024, 02:28:34 am »

If there are any high-powered rifles, they could be used from the shuttle to irritate these mole things, perhaps. Alternatively, are there any tools for disabling/detaining them perchance?  Of course that all gets trumped by something that kill these things but I imagine our character would've noticed one of them already.

Anyway. It's probably for the best that we quickly eliminate the Mole Sister Beatriz is fighting. Once Sister Shelly and Sister Daisy have grabbed something from tje Armoury they should go distract that fourth mole. Once we and Sister Beatriz have finished the third one we can go assist whomever looks most in need of help.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2024, 03:18:04 pm »

Alternatively, are there any tools for disabling/detaining them perchance?
Ooh. That's cool, but most likely reckless and futile. Plus they can dig, so even if we capture one containing it would be a challenge.

Hm. The chrono-sirens are illusionists, but I dunno how susceptible reptilian elephant moles are to illusions.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2024, 11:12:33 pm »

Grenade launcher, target the one that's being slowed down with a demolition grenade. Should be an easy(tm) kill that saves our irreplaceable crewmate. Unless she's been swallowed whole or something. Maybe make contact with her before taking the shot.

Going after the unimpeded one would preserve more lives (assuming we succeed), but I actually suspect tag teaming the other two would be somewhat excessive. Lady Mercury appears to be a loose cannon who likes going solo, while Brother Karl is showing off.

As for the sirens... might as well grab something off the shelf, but they're not really built for this. Maybe just tell them to help out anywhere they think they can, if they can, and stay safe otherwise.

"Girls, take what you need from Lady Mercury's armory, and help out wherever you see fit!" You call out, before ducking into the shuttle and addressing the pilot, "approach the hostile that seems to be moving in slow motion. Move low and slow."

At your prompt, one of the shuttle crew pops open the floor hatch, and you watch as you slowly begin to close in on the target monster. The creature appears larger and larger as you move in, but you pay it little heed. You sweep the crowd nearby. Your helmet should pick out Sister Beatriz through her illusions if you get close enough...

Eventually you spot her, about 20 meters off the monster's four o'clock position. She stands facing the creature with an arm extended towards it. Her foot-tallon is wrapped around the leg of a frightened and grounded concert goer, pinning the civilian in place. With the hand not devoted to maintaining her chronomancy spell, Beatriz cluthces a small caliber pistol of some sort, which she occasionally raises to fire at the creature's rear, inflicting negligible damage. Knowing Chrono-Sirens, you suspect she is using magic to keep the monster harmless to her, and the gun to lure it over to frighten or kill the trapped concert goer for her own amusement.

Although it ignores the siren's small arms fire, the mole monster does turn to face your shuttle, which is now rather loud since the Siren that had been magically silencing it is now off fighting. Unsure if the creature can jump, and if it can, how high, you decide to play it safe with your shuttle crew. "Once I'm on the ground, scram." You order the pilot before dropping through the hatch to the ground, where you execute a three point landing.

You rise, and ready your grenade launcher. The hud on your visor begins to flash information on grenade arc, launch angles, and timing, but you ignore it; The creature is a massive target moving right toward you in slow motion. This will be one of the easiest shots of your life, with or without digital assistance.

"pumph" goes the grenade launcher. "Fsssssssssss...... BALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" goes the grenade. Where the creature's head once was, there is now a slow moving cloud of organic pink and gray mist. Seeing this, Beatriz releases the spell, and the headless beast collapses to the ground in real time. The body begins to rapidly decompose into some sort of green smoke.

"Fuck! Boss, dats poison!" Beatriz calls out as she releases her victim and charges toward you! Cursed with one talon and one normal foot, Beatriz is perhaps the slowest of your Chrono-Sirens, but she is still a transhuman designed for speed and agility. From a dead stop, she closes the 20ish meter gap between you and her in about a second and a half, and hoists you over the shoulder. "Trust me overengineered nose, boss. Ya wanna not be near these things when they dead."

You are fairly certain your helmet can protect you from most toxic gasses, but decide not to argue for now. Beatriz pushes through a panicked crowed at full speed to gain distance from the kill, inflicting several talon-trampling wounds that your helmet hud assesses to be likely fatal as she moves. Eventually she reaches a clearing and puts you back down.

You look around to assess the situation. You see the beast Lady Autumn was fighting engulfed in plasma-flame, flailing around angrily in a dying rampage. From your grounded position, you can't see your date over the crowd. You can, however, see the massive frame of Brother Karl. The Golden Elk has managed to gain a dominant position in his wrestling match against the mole monster; He grab's the beasts trunk, digs in his heels, and in a feat that is truly transhuman begins to swing the elephant sized monster around.

The last monster still appears to not have a dance partner. You see it in the distance, at the edge of the clearing, chasing a small crowd into the alien forest of the Lush Temple District. The apparently rapidly decomposing toxic corpse of the beast you just killed sits between you and it, so you would have to take a long and indirect path to personally engage the final foe.

The screams of the crowd are drowned out by the roar of your shuttle, which hovers high overhead. Beatriz could easily signal it down with some illusionary fireworks, but you'd likely have to spend some time maneuving to a safe landing spot if you don't want it to pancake concert goers on the way down.

How do you proceed?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2024, 12:43:33 am »

I hope someone recorded Brother Karl's wrestling match here; That would be a hilarious watch later (Another date night option? :P )

That being said, if the corpses rapidly decompose into poisonous gas, I'm a little concerned for lady mercury. Though maybe the body of the scaled mole-elephant being immolated would prevent the corpse from catalysing into toxic gas. Hopefully.

As for how to engage the last mole-elephant... not much idea on it, but it would be a hilarious scene if we got Brother Karl to circle toss the one he has into the one still rampaging

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2024, 03:54:13 am »

Could Beatriz somehow use illusion magic to induce the crowd to clear a landing spot? Crushing our charges with the shuttle wouldn't be a good look, and every second wasted trying to manuever the landing will bring more and more death.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 05:59:06 am by ZBridges »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2024, 04:46:44 pm »

I hope someone recorded Brother Karl's wrestling match here; That would be a hilarious watch later (Another date night option? :P )
Lush District's first attraction: BROTHER KARL'S RING OF PAIN

Could Beatriz somehow use illusion magic to induce the crowd to clear a landing spot? Crushing our charges with the shuttle wouldn't be a good look, and every second wasted trying to manuever the landing will bring more and more death.
+1 to this, though there's probably not that many targets left in the direction its heading.

Once we're on board, let's check on and recover Lady Mercury, then go after the final beast. I'm a little curious what effect the aging grenades would have on such a bizarre creature.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9