Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: The Chasm-Challenge  (Read 29369 times)

Dopefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Chasm-Challenge
« Reply #330 on: June 02, 2008, 08:06:00 pm »

Argh.  Sorry guys, trying to play the fortress on this computer is a bit of a joke.  I'm going to have to skip my turn, so over to you, Mlittle.
~Swim, Swim, Hungry.~~

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2008, 05:33:00 am »

Wait, quick question: are there any demons left alive? We should have a slightly more capable FPS now that we've vanquished the demons through cup-blood-drinking or whatever happened there.

EDIT: ok, hmm. We may require rooting them out with sacrificial dwarves. That's how I rolled, but then again, that's how the fortress FPS dropped to 10   :roll:

[ June 03, 2008: Message edited by: GeneralValter ]

quot;I guess all of the fairy tales were about people having their crap stolen." -Toady One

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2008, 04:10:00 am »

Been away from DF for a while. I'm back now and checking the save. I have to ask, do people feel bad about making changes to what was done before them, or changing what they did? I'm asking because I intend to work on details and spirits. Changing bits here and there would be part of that, but looking at what was done people seem to prefer to leave the old be and build new stuff for the same purposes.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 04, 2008, 05:37:00 am »

I wouldn't make any super-drastic changes, but if it's something small like how a single floor of the spire was built, feel free to change it.

I would say: "As long as the thing you want to change wasn't the major project of any ruler's year, feel free." For example, I wouldn't clear out all of Donkringel's waterworks, or Fleacircus' waterfall.

quot;I guess all of the fairy tales were about people having their crap stolen." -Toady One

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 04, 2008, 08:50:00 am »

I was thinking of editing the details here and there.

After toying with the save a little, are you willing to skip me and you take over, GeneralValter?

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Mlittle ]

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2008, 04:11:00 pm »

Unfortunately not. I'm currently busy with a different fortress. I had hoped on at least one of you taking your turn so that I could finish up a year on mine   ;)

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2008, 01:30:00 am »

I can play. But it will take a while to do my year, with the fps and my playing time. Still have to figure out what I want to add to the place.

Donkringel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 07, 2008, 07:54:00 pm »

The lowest level still has a bevy of demons in it. The trap hall also has one horrifically maimed demon. I couldn't get the buggers upstairs!

Donkringel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 06, 2008, 03:05:56 pm »

Ever figure that out?

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 07, 2008, 02:02:10 am »

Whats happening in terms of this story? I would really hate too see it die, after all The Chasm Challenge is the reason I joined the forums. It looked interesting, and then I read it all the way through in about a day. There were a... Few pages worth. Just giving it the 'ol bump and saying pip-pip chaps, carry on the good work!
GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 07, 2008, 04:41:54 am »

oh wow, the tread got resurrected. I guess I will PM Mlittle about it
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Donkringel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2008, 02:21:09 am »

No luck I suppose?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2008, 04:06:58 am »

nope
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2008, 09:28:10 am »

I'm back to DF after a lengthy pause. You still waiting for me, or anyone to pick up where it ended?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2008, 02:09:26 pm »

nope, we weren't waiting for you, as the chasm was more or less forgotten.

go ahead and revive it
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]