Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alnissodel - Community fortress-  (Read 4152 times)

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Alnissodel - Community fortress-
« on: August 15, 2008, 04:44:06 pm »

Alnissodel Ulolbunsothgeshushatag
Warshield the Last God-forsaken Fortress-Clusters (name proper)

~~
This is a community fortress which uses the Legendary Lands Mod for dwarf fortress. I'll be telling the story through Lokum Umomceshfot. If you feel so inclined, write some back story about your character when you post.

First name:
Last name: If Any
Dwarf # requested:
Skills requested:

This is Lokum
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
~~

The Dwarven king and his advisors debated for years what they should do if the war turned for the worst. No one knew where the new, revitalized Goblin armies had come from, but they seemed to appear right as the Dwarves were beginning to overcome the Goblins. Many believe the Goblins sacrificed their Dark souls in summoning aid, but it matters not.

The dwarves were losing fortress after fortress to the new overwhelming Goblin armies. The King enacted his last attempt to save dwarves civilization. Mutters of Alnissodel Ulolbunsothgeshushatag rang through the mountain homes.

Lokum Umomceshfot was a rather successful miner at the mountain home, and he was told to gather in the grand hall with everyone else. There, the fortress guard grouped the entire mountain home, save for a bare merchant crew to transfer goods between the Fortress cloisters, into groups of seven; each assigned a wagon with various supplies.

~~
Dee
Berus
Kilrud
Doc
Glenn
Flint
~~
 Then, Almost the entirety of the mountain home left. Everyone traveled south in various directions. The journey seemed to take months to complete but at last Lokum's group could travel no further. The Cold had begun to freeze the animals pulling the wagon. There he turned to his companions and said, "I believe we are home".

~~
~~
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:27:14 am by Balor Kartain »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: Alnissodel - Community fortress-
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 05:20:50 pm »

((I'll have to look up the mod you mentioned but it sounds interesting. Sign me up as dwarf #3. Call him Kilrud. I'd prefer to be the group's defender/hunter. He'll be a bitter military dwarf, annoyed at how things are going, but trying to help at how he knows best.

Hammerdwarf 3
Shield user 3
Armor user 3
Ambushing 1

Any starting shield/hammer should be fine. You won't need an axe since there shouldn't be trees, so if you don't mind get me a steel hammer in place of an axe. With the surroundings, trust me, you'll want it.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 05:25:49 pm »

I'll take Dwarf One please

First name: Dee
Last Name: N/A
Skills: Mason 5 Mechanic 3 Architect 2

Background:

Dee was the head mason at one of the many Dwarven outposts established during the period of strategic success against the goblins, but in the wake of the sudden revival of the Goblin threat was forced to flee. Now she hopes that she can find a safe home to continue her masonry efforts. Her dream is to construct a giant stone colossus to stand guard over her future home.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 05:33:49 pm »

I'll take dwarf 4

Name: Doc

Professions: Cooking (5) Stonecrafting(2) Engraving(3)

Enjoys cooking, but is an artist at heart.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 12:15:05 am »

Dwarf 5

Glenn
Axe-user

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 04:21:34 am »

I will take Dwarf 6

Name:Flint
metlesmith 2
weaponsmith 3
armourer 1
After the goblins attacked his home Flint fled the destruction and deaths of his loved ones to rebuild a new life however still approchable he is haunted by the deaths and works away at the forge building weapons/armour crafts chains w/e but hey when the fort is truly established he may pick up an axe and take revenge
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 06:19:52 am by Flintus10 »

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 06:53:16 am »

I'll gladly take up the final dwarf

First name: Berus
Last name: N/A
Dwarf # requested: 7?
Skills requested: Brewer
Grower
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 10:38:13 am »

"Wars First Granite, 651"
  Lokum looked around and saw the dismay in several of his companions eyes. The wagon was almost completely covered in the freshly fallen snow and everyone, dwarves and animals included, were beginning to freeze to death. Lokum begain to take his first real look around. An awe inspiring site stood before him. The glacier he was standing on had long since been torn apart by the might of the earth and a deep chasm streched out for quite a distance right in front of him.
  As he stood there watching Dee and Kilrud begain to give orders, and while I admire their since of urgancy, they seemed to be giving contradictory orders to everyone. I stopped them and demanded we vote on an expidition leader. After several moments of arguing we agreed that Kilrud would take charge. He has the most experince outdoors.
  Even before the order was givin Lokum grabbed his pick to begin digging a temporary shelter for their food and animals. Kilrud made a count of what little supplies we had left.

One copper pick
One Iron Anvil
16 Copper Nuggets
10 Bitmus Coal
8 Tower Cap Logs
31 turt meat portions, and small ones at that
11 Dwarven Ale
11 Dwarven Beer
6  Dwarven Wine
6 Dwarven Rum
A small bag containing various seeds.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 11:15:37 am »

"3rd Slate"
 As Lokum Tirelessly mined out new rooms he heard a great commotion above. Glenn seemed to be arguing with Kilrud about something. There arguments seemed incoherant to Lokum until Dee came up to him and pointed out to the vast icy waists. In the distance were several small moving brown and white specks.

Glenn "I'm telling you your mad Kilrud, there is no way we can take one of thoes down"
Kilrud "But if we do manage to it will be able to feed us for most of the winter, provide extra clothing, and quite a bit of materials for new bolts!!!!"
Glenn "Who's going to use the bolts when we are DEAD!"

Lokum wandered off back to work. If Glenn and Kilrud wanted to go get themsleves killed, he would let them. There was no room for stupidity on this glacier and if they were that dumb, it would mean two less mouths to feed.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 11:17:41 am by Balor Kartain »

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 11:33:25 am »

10th Slate
  Lokum Heard screams from above for the other dwarves to get the bandages ready, to get hot water, and to get towels ready. Lokum ceased his efforts in minning a tunnel to the now frozen river and headed to the entrance way. When lokum reached the entrance he saw 4 of the dwarves standing around watching Kilrud fight 2 batmen, four mole dogs, and several large spiders. It seemed the wild life in the area was hungry, and working together to get some fresh meat. Glenn Rushed to his aid, but by the time he arrived Kilrud had already disposed of every single creature without a scratch.
 Seeing little time for celebration and parties, Lokum went back to work.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 01:17:09 pm »

26th Hematite
 Lokum felt almost guilty about being forced to drink the last bit of booze fortress had, but Kilrud had ordered it. Supplies has run low and he still failed to find any kind of water. He was looking for an aquifer near and old frozen river. He decided he wouldent return to the storage quarters untill he found a source of drinkable water. Days passed and he knew the others were just as thirsty as he up in the fortress if not more so, and it only added to Lokums furious digging, but he happened upon something he didnt expect.

Lokum saw something strange within the water in the small hole he had opened up, actually two strange things. Two almost perfect black orbs coming toward him. He watched them for a few moments before he realized that they were eyes. A Cave Crocodile burst through the small hole he had made and came charging at him. He jumped to the side as the croc ran past him. He swung his pick with all of his might and got the crock in the tail. A berzerker rage overcame Lokum and he blacked out, only to reawaken later next to the dead body of a cave crocodile.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 01:48:34 pm »

16 Galena
  Kilrud was forced to order the butchering of our pack animals and one of the chickens for food today, and afterwords set out with Glenn to hunt some of the Mammoths they have been training on taking down.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 03:09:53 pm »

A Page From Lokums Journal

The Merchants came on the first day of timber and Kilrud ordered me to find some trade goods and buy all the booze and food they had. I manage to sell off a few things that Flint had produced with the copper we brought along, and a few objects made of obsidian. Kilrud told their liason to bring as much food and drink as possible for the next year, and told them we were hardly interested in anything else.
  My personal hopes are that we wont actually need them to bring any food by the time the next caravan rolls into the area. Doc, Dee and myself have drawn up plans for an underground farm, and have already constructed a fair amount of it. The main problem is that it is a fair distance away from our current housing. I will talk to Kilrud soon about moving our encampment further into the mountain.
 We received our first group of refugees today. They claim to have been on the run for months when they reached the mountain homes, only to find it nearly empty. They were told to go south and south they went, untill they arrived here. I can only hope the other expiditon parties have done as well as we, with how quickly the refugees are coming in.

~~
Immigrant List
1x Gem setter
1x Furnace operator
2x Unskilled laborer
1x Weaponsmith
1x Brewer
1x Axedwarf
~~
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 03:15:32 pm by Balor Kartain »

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 10:46:41 am »

Looking good so far, looking forward to the next update
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 12:31:04 pm »

A Page From Lokum's Journal
-3rd Opal-
 The farms are finished, although Berus says that it is too late in the season to plant anything except for Dimple cup spawns, as if we could eat them anyways. I was hoping to get at least one harvest in before it came that late, but with how cold the stone is here, the growing seasons are rather short, as Berus has informed me. Once again Doc and Dee got together and came up with a most ingenious plan for a dinnning hall. They have mapped out a way to have not 1 but 8 waterfalls in the dinning room. The water falls shall be a pleasing and clensing sight to anyone who dines within out home. Once I am done digging out the space for the food workshops i shall begin on the dinning hall.

I have also noticed something strange going on between Dee and Kilrud, I believe they have somewhat of a romantic intrestest in each other, but I cant be certain as I am almost always seperated from the other dwarves, being our only miner.

Pages: [1] 2