Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaiming an goblin fortress ( former dwarfen fortress)  (Read 116 times)

UristMcTuco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaiming an goblin fortress ( former dwarfen fortress)
« on: April 24, 2024, 04:51:51 pm »

There was that dwarfen fortrress that was taken over by goblins in the near past. I wanted badly to free that fortress since it was founded in year 1 by my civilization.
I created a fortress next to it for the sole purpose of war.

I did not succeed in freeing that other fortress from the goblins so I thought it would be a good idea to give it a try in adventure mode. I went there with my party and killed about 30 dwarfs and goblins living there. Not nearly the 200 which shown to live there in fortress mode. I couldnt find more to kill so I went back to fortress mode and saw that the site was not any longer a goblin fortress.
I reclaimed it and there are about 40 survivors. All dwarfs, most of them show as citicens. A few show in the "other creatures" tab. Although the barons among them are shown under nobles I cannot use any of the survivors for military sqad ( I needed that because of serpernt man coming from the caverns directly after embarking).

Here are my questions:

1. How did "destroy" the goblin fortess? Legends mode shows the kills but not what happened to the group occupying the site.
2. Will the survivors work? Or are they just there to finaly starve? (Because thats what some of them did pretty quickly)
3. Why are some survivors hostile and some citicens?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 05:07:36 pm by UristMcTuco »